“Excellent thai food in a nice atmosphere”

Hot Basil Thai Cafe
Ranked #56 of 191 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2015

A long-standing member of my "what do I want to eat tonight" roster in West Hartford. Not a terribly scenic part of town, but very close to a big movie theater. The interior is quite nice, with big banquettes and comfortable seating. The atmosphere is quiet and the service is quick and accommodating. I've had several meals here and the food is consistently good. On our most recent visit I had the banana leaf salmon (delicious) and my wife had the thai vegetable soup (also excellent) and she also ordered the mango curry rice which was much better than we expected. A cut above the other thai places in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

Please visit and eat at Hot Basil! The best just the best! The cashew chicken is delicious. The Satay is yummy. Bring your own to drink or order from their wine and beer lists. Warm, inviting and wonderful owners and staff.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

I have visited this restaurant several times in past and each time its great food.The restaurant has unique Thai taste and dishes that are sure to please all Thai food lovers.

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

Another great visit to hot basil. Friendly fast service. We shared two appetizers with the crab roll being the best. Three entrees included drunken noodles, hot basil chicken, and glass noodles with shrimp and all were great. Love this place.

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

We have dined at hot basil for may years. We had two appetizers and three entrees for $63. I think this is a great place. The best dish is the hot basil with any protein.