“Good fried food. A Diners, Drive-Ins-Dives kind of place. ”
Review of Turk's Restaurant

Turk's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 161 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

You can't eat here often if you're trying to avoid heart disease, but for the occasional fried seafood it's worth the visit. You can dine in the dining room or fast-food side. If I scored for cleanliness, I'd have to knock off a star or two. The bathrooms are in desperate need of a renovation. If you appreciate local establishments approaching dive status, you will like it here. Great hot dogs and hot relish. Love the onion rings. Kids meals served in paper convertible cars. Cute.

1  Thank TheSecretVagabond

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Took over an hour to get broiled and fried food... Cold and over cooked, no one was even in the restaurant. I could understand if they were busy...

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Just discovered Turks and had a great meal of shrimp cocktail and fried scallops. So fresh and delicious. I can't believe that I haven't been hear before. Always thought it was a high end dinner place but it was hardly that. It was friendly with delicious and reasonable food. We sat on the take out side and ordered food and a beer at the counter (the served table area was loud with a kids party). The menu has a variety of burgers, dogs, onion rings (huge), and fresh seafood. I recommend Turks for your next visit to the beach in West Haven.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

This is a long time local favorite. My mother-in-law loved it and it's a safe choice for dinner. I've been there three times in last five years. Wife, a local girl, has attended many times . It nowhere approaches the great experience of Stowe's, further down Captain Thomas Boulevard, but far superior to the deteriorating Jimmie's across the street. If you're not craving seafood, Biagetti's or Savin Roasting are nearby better experiences. Don't wish to down these guys too much. The atmosphere is plain, but clean. The service is more than adequate. The food is run of the mill but not disappointing. I usually save my clam habit for my visits to Maine, but the full stomach offering here was adequate, a bit bland but filling. My wife has enjoyed the haddock she usually orders. I wouldn't recommend traveling 20 miles to try it, but once a year if you're local for a change of pace is good. They are getting pricey, though, and that may wind up hurting them. They have to keep prices down to compete in this market, although I can't believe they'd ever collapse as badly as Chick's or Jimmies.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

There is a very well priced weekday early bird menu which has many seafood options for 11,95 these are the same dishes that are priced quite higher at the other seafood restaurants in the area. The waitresses were good and efficient. It runs from 11 to 5. Some windows have a decent water view. It was a quiet place when we went. The scallops were good. If you want seafood at a more reasonable price this is the place.