“Nothing like a hot dog from Turk's”
Review of Turk's Restaurant

Turk's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 161 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Love Turks for a quick meal. I have been going here for YEARS and must say it hasn't changed one bit. Same old decor, same musty smells. But I love the hot dogs and onions rings! No matter how many hot dogs I eat, nothing matches a Turk's grilled hot dog. The fried onion rings are nice and thin and crispy. Can't get better than that!

1  Thank 123itsme2

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I had a nice time here with a few friends. My first visit to this place since before the days of the internet probably sometime in 1980! LOL. Fried whole clams were reasonably priced and a good sized portion and very good. Fries were outstanding. My friend loved the fish n chips which is really enough for 2 people and my other friend had a great hot dog and also had the whole clams. Not many people there for late Saturday afternoon which was nice . Server (lady) was very nice, attentive but not in our face every five minutes gave us time to talk.

Overall a nice experience with good food. I did not mind the dated decor and old furniture but it needs to be cleaned well and maybe some modest upgrades are needed to make it look a bit better in there. Table was a bit "sticky". Also was some food on the floor near our table. I mean these things happen, but if the place was a bit brighter , cleaner and a nice clean table that would go far.

Also in terms of menu, as others have pointed out most meals are deep fried. There was some picked lobster dishes but prices on those were pretty high. I would suggest some more steamed/broiled options for people as well maybe even adding some steamer clams and or mussels etc.

Will return next time we walk Silver Sands State Park nearby ...

2  Thank italianfoodfan100
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I was expecting to have fresh seafood but everything available was deep fried. I settled for the fried calamari which came out fine. The decor needs updating in my opinion. Our waitress was nice but I had to give 3 stars due to the limited menu selection and overall experience.

1  Thank JamieRae86
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Turk's Seafood was a wonderful surprise. We found it because there was a long wait at the first restaurant we tried. What a great break for us. The food was terrific and the service superb. Everything was perfectly prepared and served.

2  Thank Stan M
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is a staple of the Savin rock experience. It's not a fancy place but I challenge you to find fresher more flavourful seafood typical of this area. The prices are quite reasonable for fish and the portions are quite generous. I grew up going to Turk's and recently returned to find it hasn't changed at all. Still my preference for shellfish in Savin Rock!

2  Thank Kristin T