“Fantastic Food-our Italian TO GO TO restaurant!”

Lorenzo's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #15 of 161 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Lorenzo's is practically our #1 restaurant. Normally, I'd give this FAVE restaurant of ours 5*, but this was the first time that we were cramped into a corner booth! There were so many people in the restaurant that the parking was also tight, which was also due to a party in their back room. So, we started off with APPS-1 order of manicotti (which I had never had there before) and some fried mozzarella. The manicotti were amazing and I may actually get that as my entree next time! My husband and I split tat for our app. Our friends love their fried mozzarella and get it every time we go there together! They love it! Lorenzo's has a fantastic sauce! We love love love their creamy garlic salad dressing! 4 of us went out to dinner last Saturday and 4 of us order the creamy garlic salad dressing! I just want a VAT of that stuff! Next up was My chicken Lorenzo, which I get just about every time we go because it is such a fave of mine! My husband usually likes their chicken Parm. Both meals come with sides of pasta, which you could choose whatever you'd like and those dishes never disappoint. Our friends had stuffed shrimp and gnocchi puttanesca, which they both said were excellent! The food there is such eye candy! AND we never have room for dessert after eating the delish warm bread along with our meal! Head over there and BUON APPETITO!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have been to Lorenzo's several times but a hidden gem is the outdoor patio. Beautiful decorated, great seating and a large pizza oven. The fountain and flowers in the back are lovely and the service was great.

1  Thank Lcaazmeyer
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We had a nice family gathering for a recent engagement. The Italian setting was very nice. I liked the outdoor patio. It made my reminisce about my trip to Rome many years ago. The food was good. I especially liked the moist marsala chicken, and I don't even like mushrooms!!!

1  Thank Valeria A
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We like to stop here when visiting my son at UNH. Good food and reasonable prices.
I would recommend it as a place to put on your list when visiting area of New Haven.

1  Thank Familyli4
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I came here for lunch at their deli. Inside, they have 3 tables for eat in dining or you can get take out.

I ordered a sausage grinder ($7) to go.

It was ready in about 15 minutes .

Bread was fresh and the sandwich was filling. Nothing great though.