Book now, pay at stay
US$81
US$76
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$87
US$79
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousfront porchcheese omeletvictorian atmospherecommon areasfrench toasthost and hostessother guestswine cheese hourthe essex steam traincookie jarprivate bathbeach chairs and umbrellasnew englandcomfortable bedglennfireplace
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This inn is full of Victorian antiques and design ideas. Not for anyone who likes minimalist décor, but wonderful for most of us especially as the Innkeeper is absolutely charming, the simple cooked-to-order breakfast is healthful and delicious,and the inn offers extra amenities such as wine and cheese on Saturdays and a help yourself cookie jar and sherry decanter. The grounds stretch down to a pretty river and there's a place to sit nearby as well as outdoor tables on the patio outside the large dining room.

Room Tip: Room 5 is quite small. Other rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Our room was #2 it is one of the smaller rooms of the 10 rooms.
Very comfortable bed and extremely clean room.
The grounds are so private and beautifully maintained. Lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the weather. The front porch was a great place to hang out at the end of our evening.
Walking distance to the beach. But would suggest taking your vehicle. They offer beach chairs and umbrellas to use. We enjoyed meeting the owners Glenn and Chris. They were very accommodating. The breakfast was made to order. I lost a pair of glasses and they found them in the room called to tell me and then mailed them to me.
There is only an emergency phone number to call after 8 pm in the evening. Which I had to use and they called back within a couple hours. Which they apologized for as the phones were not rolling of correctly. They will be more aware for the future. They also asked to be sure to let them know if anything needed to be fixed so they could take care of it.
This is an excellent place to stay and we will be coming back.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a pleasant two nights at the inn but there were a few snags. I would like to make a few comments for future travellers. We had rooms 1 and 2 which face the parking lot. This is good for those who like more of a motel room type experience. But we don't and asked to move for the 2nd night. We liked this room better (off the porch) and a much more pleasant, typical B&B feeling! So, choose the rooms which you enter through the front or back doors if that is your style. The breakfast was made to order and the morning staff were helpful and service-minded. We only met the owner at check-in at 3pm. I have stayed in many B&Bs through the years so I missed having more contact with the owner(s) - this was a negative. As positive, it is close to beaches and services. We chose to stay here instead of the hyped up hotels on the waterfronts. Glad we did that!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 1 and 2 if you want to experience a "B&B feeling". We changed to room 9 which had access to a porch.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
chrisBnB, Owner at Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Sounds like you enjoyed having the beach so close by! We try to make everyones stay special and go out of our way to be available. Rooms 1 and 2 are the smallest rooms but do offer custom made kithenettes for travelers on a budget & who prefer a private entrance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

First time my wife and I ever booked a room at an inn, so I wasn't sure what to expect. We are primarily hotel folk. We look for cleanliness & privacy (including a private bath) and The Westbrook was an excellent choice! Clean and private (we stayed in Room #5). Breakfast was delicious the next morning. Only one small detail comment: the guest handbook in room wasn't clear on how to hook up to wifi, it provided the password to use but not the user name (probably should list both). Wasn't a big deal but we got in late wanted to use our devices and there was no one to ask until morning. But this is a great place and I hope to stay there again when I'm up in Westbrook!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We just returned from another wonderful stay at the inn and can't wait to return. Our room (#6) was beautifully arranged and the entire inn is incredibly well kept. The dining area, outside, is one of my favorites. A short walk down a side street and you are on the beach in Westbrook.

Room Tip: They have beach tags, towels, chairs for the beach and bikes!