“Tasty Food - Kids love it”
Review of Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill - CLOSED

Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Took my teenage kids there for lunch last week and they loved it.

Ribs were great as was the pull pork. A little pricey

I can always tell when my kids enjoy a restaurant as there is nothing left on their plate and this was the case at Bobby Q's

Service was a little slow for lunch period with only a few customers in the place.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Hey PWD2008, we’re sorry for the delay in response time, business has been wonderful and we have been very busy, but we wanted to make sure we thanked you for your great review! We are glad you and your kids enjoyed our food! We use the freshest ingredients possible and that can sometimes make our products a bit more pricy. We will look into the issues you experienced with service and hope to improve upon them for your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

After my first visit about a year ago, I’m hooked. I go to Bobby Q’s every time I’m in the area. They have the best BBQ I've ever had. My favorite is the pulled pork. Portions are plentiful and the food comes out quickly. All the servers are great. The location is right in the center of shopping and parking is usually a breeze. Will return soon.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Hi NYGirlLovinTheBeach!
Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy dining with us! We hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I went here after reading online about this bbq place advertised as "best bbq outside of Kansas City" as well as multiple write ups in newspapers and magazines. A groupon was offered online so bought and went. We sat at high top in bar area. Server who was also the Bartender was attentive and pleasant. We ordered the Mojo Shrimp and each got the combo plater, ribs + beef brisket. The Mojo Shrimp appetizer was flavorless and shrimp were super small, certainly not plump as advertised. We received our combo entries. The ribs were dry and were like chewing bark. Half of my friends ribs were inedible, just burnt skin and bones. The beef brisket was equally as bad, cold and old. We each got the mac n cheese as a side and they looked like they came from completely different restaurants. It was like they had these 2 entries sitting around for days and just heated up in microwave. We were both in shock with how terrible the food was after reading all alleged favorable reviews and instead of making a scene or confronting the poor server/bartender dropped a 20% tip and left. I heard this place is shutting down and re-opening in Norwalk. I cant wait not to go to the one in Norwalk as well. Your way better off getting a Mcrib at McDonalds. This was by far the worst food I have tasted in a so called restaurant in over 30 years. Bartender did make a good margarita though.

Hey Paul M, We’re sorry for the delay in response time, business has been wonderful and we have been very busy, but we wanted to make sure we responded to your review. We are very sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with us. We strive to provide only the best food, service and overall dining experience. We will look into the issues you've mentioned and utilize this response to improve our food and service wherever our business goes.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

Bobby Q's is a "rib joint" that one tends not to find anymore. The ribs are succulent, the onions are juicy and sweet, and the beer is cold.

In fact, this visit was most probably the one at which I received the BEST rack of baby-back ribs that I have eaten (outside KC). Too bad that they do not serve pecan pie anymore.

However, I visited because the announcement was recently made (early last week) that Bobby Q's is closing; I subsequently learned that it plans to relocate and reopen (in Norwalk). But, the service was thoroughly attentive, the food was great, sonf the crowd was lively; it will be sad to see it close.

I will be back many times (perhaps this weekend?) before Bobby Q's closes … I am certain that I will not be disappointed.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Hello,
thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review. We are indeed closing our current location and reopening in Norwalk! We hope that you will continue to dine with us at Bobby Q's. Despite the new location we will still have the same delicious food!

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I hadn't visited Bobby Qs for quite a few years, and felt like eating bbq. We visited early on a Saturday night and I got a combo platter with the award winning ribs which were fatty and the brisket which had a coarse texture and was dry. We also ordered a side of cornbread which was disappointing. Also if you order the Mac and cheese get the baked one the stove top one was like a package of Kraft Mac and cheese gone wrong, it had an unusual texture, which I'm mystified how they achieved. The cole slaw was fine. I guess either it's either my sense of taste or the absence of any decent bbq in the area, because when we left there was a line out the door! If you want excellent bbq, get I your car and drive to Sturbidge, Ma to BT's Smokehouse who has the best BBQ in New England.

1  Thank DandDNorwalk_CT
Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Hello,
thank you for reviewing your experience with us here at Bobby Q's. We're sorry to hear that we did not exceed your dining expectations. Unfortunately in this business it is impossible to please every guest that joins us. It seems as though you caught us on an off night. We encourage you to visit us again in the future so we can redeem ourselves and show you how wonderful Bobby Q's can be!