“Sushi in a strip mall”

Ginza Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Ginza Japanese Cuisine is a fine dining establishment that features authentic Japanese fare with French flare. Ginza sushi bar serves everything from the traditional California roll to Toro tartar and from the kitchen our corporate chef's offerings span from chicken teriyaki to grilled filet mignon of beef finished in a red wine demi-glaze. All our dishes are made fresh daily and they are available at very affordable prices. Here at Ginza we have always been successful due to a few simple ingredients we will not compromise service, quality, and freshness. We hope to see you soon! We are located just a few minutes from Wethersfield Country Club, north of Town Line Shopping Center. Order online for carryout!
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We ended up at Ginza based on the need to meet a friend on our way to the theater in Hartford. Never would I have chosen this place on my own. Overall, it was a good experience. It was easy getting a table for 6 early on a Saturday night. The spirit of the place was friendly, inviting, although the decor is dated (1980's), dark, and not appealing. The waitstaff was great! Our waitperson rattled off complicated specials like a pro. Our appetizers were fine. Vegetable gyoza were fresh, nicely prepared and served attractively. The edamame were a hit. A third appetizer tuna dumplings were a hit with those who tried it. Our entrees were served within a reasonable time. The sushi for two was not remarkable. The tuna sushi was not good but that was the only one I did not like. The California roll tasted like it was made much earlier. Other entrees got good reviews - a special steak roll was nicely done. The stuffed shrimp (not Japanese but neither was the diner) looked tasty. Dessert was eclectic - definitely not Japanese - but our group liked it.

Overall, we made a good choice and enjoyed the meal. The price was okay considering we got a lot of food and no alcohol. I'd go back sometime, although it is not a urgent revisit for me.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

This place has great delicious sushi! It's hidden in a strip mall and easy to overlook, but definitely give this place a try. There are plenty of options for everyone, including hibachi and other noodles.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

I went to celebrate my birthday with my husband last evening. (took advantage of their points coupon and birthday coupon (1 entree/q free) Ginza has a rather large menu with a good variety of Japanese dishes. Great drink, wine ,beer menu. Some really great oriental/not oriental desserts etc..We enjoyed "Florida meets West" and my go to favorite shrimp Tempura. The Japanese shrimp dumplings were divine. Good place to explore sushi. You can order by the piece, which I did.Justin our server was the best art of the meal . He was very professional, knew the menu and rinks backwards and forward, warm and friendly. He kept tabs on us without being obtrusive, instructed me on the difference between Sashimi and Sushi, I hope this guy trains other waiter/waitress staff. Thank you for making turning 62 a really nice experience. experience. Thank you Justin

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We love to eat here- food is fresh, affordable, and served by competent and friendly waitstaff. The rewards program will get you free food with just a few visits and the dining room is nicely decorated with private booths.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Located in a strip mall, the exterior doesn't lend to the quality of the meal. Very nice selection of fresh sushi and main dishes. Wine selection is good and upper shelf.

I have a frequent diner card which eventually will get something free!

Plenty of parking -- nice table service too.