“Delightful enjoyable,tasty meal,,, professional service”

Ginza Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Ginza Japanese Cuisine is a fine dining establishment that features authentic Japanese fare with French flare. Ginza sushi bar serves everything from the traditional California roll to Toro tartar and from the kitchen our corporate chef's offerings span from chicken teriyaki to grilled filet mignon of beef finished in a red wine demi-glaze. All our dishes are made fresh daily and they are available at very affordable prices. Here at Ginza we have always been successful due to a few simple ingredients we will not compromise service, quality, and freshness. We hope to see you soon! We are located just a few minutes from Wethersfield Country Club, north of Town Line Shopping Center. Order online for carryout!
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We walked in, to a very quiet location,,,except for one other table being used,,we had the whole place to ourselves,,, We were hoping for a hibachi dinner,,but to our dismay they do not do that here! even though its on the menu,,,as hibachi dinner,,, I had the beef and my dining partner had the steak hibachi,,, Both meals got delivered in a short period of time,and with exactly what we ordered! The waiter returned to check if everything was to our liking, and asked if we needed anything else,,, We smiles an said we were okay,,, He returned in a few minutes,,,refreshed our beverages, and asked if we would enjoy some dessert this evening or after meal cocktail,,, We said we were good, and produced a coupon from ENTERTAINMENT.com ,,which he eagerly accepted and returned with a revised bill,,, He even boxed up the remainder meals portions and added a little more to make it filling for another meal,,, which was a pleasing surprise,,, Would return again,,,with a few friends the next time,,,

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I've enjoyed the Hibachi with friends and co-workers over the years. Now that I am retired I enjoy a full lunch with soup, salad, protein and two starches. It's a hardy lunch and I have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Tucked away in the strip mall the it sits. My visit was positive and offered oriental items and also Western style dishes.

Can get pricy !

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Very friendly welcome from host. Menu of varied cooked Japanese dishes as well as Sushi selections. Was greatly surprised by selection of Kumamoto oysters which were "dressed" Japanese style and very fresh and delicious. Will definitely visit again. Our server, who is from Nepal, was most pleasant and engaging.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We ended up at Ginza based on the need to meet a friend on our way to the theater in Hartford. Never would I have chosen this place on my own. Overall, it was a good experience. It was easy getting a table for 6 early on a Saturday night. The spirit of the place was friendly, inviting, although the decor is dated (1980's), dark, and not appealing. The waitstaff was great! Our waitperson rattled off complicated specials like a pro. Our appetizers were fine. Vegetable gyoza were fresh, nicely prepared and served attractively. The edamame were a hit. A third appetizer tuna dumplings were a hit with those who tried it. Our entrees were served within a reasonable time. The sushi for two was not remarkable. The tuna sushi was not good but that was the only one I did not like. The California roll tasted like it was made much earlier. Other entrees got good reviews - a special steak roll was nicely done. The stuffed shrimp (not Japanese but neither was the diner) looked tasty. Dessert was eclectic - definitely not Japanese - but our group liked it.

Overall, we made a good choice and enjoyed the meal. The price was okay considering we got a lot of food and no alcohol. I'd go back sometime, although it is not a urgent revisit for me.