Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews aseania resort water heater fish your luggage mersing jetty beach front queen bed secret beach side dishes days stay sea breeze mini fridge boat transfer jacuzzi package island meals
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed there for 3 days 2 nights for a short gateway.

We’re very worried the resort’s condition after reading the hotel comments via the TripAdvisor before the trip. We expected the worst as we experienced the an atrocious resort while we stayed at Pulau Tioman.

However, it was not that bad at the actual scene.

There were only 3 resorts at the Island and this resort has limited rooms, therefore it’s private and not crowded with a lot of tourists. We totally enjoyed the peace and the beautiful white sands here.

The resort’s staffs were friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel’s room were clean and spacious. The room’s ambience and design was based on the authentic Malay village. Besides, the room also provide some basic amenities such as showering gel, shampoo, tooth brushes and tooth paste.

The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner were not bad, they served the basic foods not much varieties but it’s enough to fill the stomach. The menu were similar but it does changed, so the menu was not repeated throughout our stay. There was a BBQ dinner buffet on Saturday night, the Satey was really really delicious!

This resort is basically provide a peaceful and quiet moment for those who wants to stay away from the city, so it does not has any night activities (except Saturday night, the resort has BBQ buffet + live band).

My family and I fell in love to this place, we definitely will be back.

(Bring along with the mosquitoes repellence, I sprayed a lot over my legs and body but still got some sand flies bites on my legs and it took me a month plus to recover from the swollen and itchiness.)

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank EC_CYH24
Reviewed 13 November 2017

In my career of the travel industry I have stayed in Five Star Properties and in One Star Hotels in India but this property could be upgraded at little cost with cleanliness and general maintainence.

Our stay of six nights was enough and on arrival two hours early at 11am we requested if possible that if possible could we gave an earlier check in but the staff of ladies on reception were not forthcoming and barked 3.00pm ...no rooms ready

First impressions were not good and staff spirit was non existent so we left our cases and went off for a walk and lunch and duly returned at 3.00pm again was told rooms not ready 30 minutes longer I expressed my unhappiness and within 10 minutes we had keys to a room on the lower level room 8116.

To be honest we understood we had booked a budget property but the standard, quality and cleanliness of the room was dire.

Mould on bathroom tiles and bedroom wall plus no hot tap in bathroom sink and laughable joke of shower was the electric socket in the shower with bare wires !!

Linens & AC was the best thing in the room and after a good night sleep we went for breakfast ..OMG it was like a school canteen , one queue of 15 people waiting for omelettes & fried eggs plus an offering of really non edible dishes apart from the fresh fruit and toast it was a cheap offering of nothing. So there after we ate our breakfast outside as it was worth the £3 per day to enjoy good coffee & fresh crossaints.

Anybody needing a tad of luxury this is not the place to be but if it's somewhere to ay your head then book ahead for the bargain.

Should the management read this the property needs a deep clean & team of staff that welcome guests that want to return or knock it down & rebuild.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank paulsF1068UB
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely quiet island. There are sandflies though, i didnt get any bites (caught them always before), my boyfrieds bites are still visible after three months. Loved walking the beach back and forth in solitude.. the food is ok, nothing special but tasty and we got our stomaches full. The staff was friendly too. What upset me was that the rooms/chalets were so run down. Dirty curtains, bumps on the carpet floor, bugs.. didnt feel like stayin in the room but during the afternoon rains nothing else to do. AC was a huge plus. When it rained the room smelled like mold. Some bug/animal tried to crawl in the chalet at nights and made an annoying noise trying to break the wall. Also, what concerned me that on the way to the island the weather was rough and the boatride was suuuper bumpy! We didnt get any life jackets, only kids had those, and several people including me where quite scared but the driver didnt slow down at all. (The way back was much smoother). However, we enjoyed our laid back days reading, wondering on the beach and swimming. 3-4 days is enough, as the island is small and there are few activities.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pilvi N
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent people and nice room. Meals were nice and filling. Good place if looking for beautiful location but with peace and quiet. Sea side needed to be careful as some season may have sand flies. The boat ride from main land was another experience one gets to enjoy.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

First of all the best things:

For Malaysian quality, this is one of the BEST beaches you can find - superfine white sand, so soft, so clean, not a single rubbish to spot! But one big turn-down is the serious amount of sandflies!! Cocktails are cheap and superb! Kudos to the bartender that makes excellent drinks! You can snorkel by the shore, but no live coral nearby, you need to swim at least 150m away from the shore to see fish.

And, here the negative part:

They offer Malay-attap style chalets, which looks a bit rundown and lack of maintenance. Expect to find at least ants and mosquito in the room and bathroom... In my brother-in-law's chalet, they killed two giant cockroaches! :) I personally think that they should put some effort on basic maintenance, we had mold on the ceiling right above the bed, it's quite a mood-killer looking at it when you're lying down on your bed. Some part of the wooden wall in the room was decay by moist and fungus, so that also kills the overall feel about the room. We had a super rusted kettle that looked absolutely disgusting. Surely this was not in their house-keeping checklist! They had the full-board including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food wasn't bad, but it was kind of below my expectation. During our stay, they served normal homecook buffet, e.g. noodles, fried rice, some meat dish, fish-dish, mixed-vege, sometimes basic western food like macaroni and cheese, spaghetti bolognese... Not much of a seafood, and only one choice of fruit per meal. Although not bad, but absolutely not something that I want to be eating for two days in a row in a beach resort... There's also fixed time for lunch and dinner, so you must feed yourself within that time frame rather than eat whenever you want to eat. Me and my husband took the massage service, and the experience was so so. Water pressure in the chalet is poor, also there was this rusty smell about the water. Last but not least... try to avoid beachfront chalets, because of the bats. They love to hang on one of the big trees at the beachfront, and there're like countless amount of them making noise really early in the morning and during the day, which might wake you up at 5 in the morning! So, be warned.

Room tip: Stay away from the beachfront chalet because of the noisy bats.
Date of stay: September 2017