“Terrific Scones!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're looking to meet with friends for a cup of coffee, this is the place. It's warm, inviting, and best of all......great scones to accompany your coffee & chat!

1  Thank KLM9671

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Carefully prepared food and flavorful. Great variety of really good breakfast and lunch choices. Just a bit pricey - but worth it. It was just what we were looking for. The vanilla Chai tea a bit too sweet. The western omelet chock full of ham, peppers and onions.

1  Thank Timothy5
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The "never-ending" cup of coffee was great! I also ordered one pancake, which was HUGE. Nice place for breakfast.

1  Thank Vickie A
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We asked for their strongest coffee and it was so weak, we had to spill it out. The selection of pastries looked good, but after trying the coffee, we decided to skip the sweets.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Went exploring in Woodstock, and after checking out the antique shops (lovely!) decided to have lunch in that area. We had seen this Java Jive place driving in, and it looked homey and cute. We can always walk in and walk out. Well, we walked in, and everything looked so super fresh and delicious, that why go looking elsewhere.
I saw that they had "egg salad sandwich" on the menu, and decided that here I could order it. (I have always loved egg salad sandwiches, and then, about 12 years ago, I had one in Blythe (California) and I had never tasted anything so horrible in my life! It was like eating fat free mayonnaise by the mouthful. Saw almost no egg in that sandwich, it was just some low quality mayo out of a jar.Since then, I have never risked ordering one again! But, from the looks of things here, I knew that this would just be the kind of egg salad sandwich that I had always loved.) That is really a very serious compliment, because for me to trust someone to make a good sandwich after my bad experience, took a lot.
Unfortunately, they were all out, and I had to settle for grilled cheese, which was as good as I have ever had. Tasty and hot. My husband had the Reuben and loved it. They make the sandwiches when you order, and use only the freshest ingredients. The place is spic and span spotless.
We really enjoyed our lunch.

4  Thank NYU62