“Average and really pricey”

Java Jive Specialty Coffee & Gourmet Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Woodstock
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I stopped in on my way to an Art Show at the park 2 weeks ago as there isn't much for food up in that area. The previous reviews seemed good so I went in with my 11 year old daughter. There were two women working and a couple eating at a tables. It literally took over 40 minutes to make 2 sandwiches with one being a bacon egg and cheese. I also bought 6 iced coffees and when I asked for sugar, you'd think there was a ration. I had to ask twice since they literally handed me 6 tiny packets for 6 large coffees. Oh, and the cost for 2 sandwiches (one being a bacon egg and cheese) and 6 iced coffees??? $40+. And, the coffee was weak. I'll never go there again and I'm shocked at the service and prices. I'll never go back.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

We stopped by on a whim and found the staff to be incredibly accommodating and upbeat. They were attentive to the kids' requests and the food was very good.

1  Thank Phyllis B
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Lovely roadside stop in Woodstock. Great coffee, pleasing service, good food, reasonable prices. What's not to like?

1  Thank BenDillow
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We decided to give the place another try after visiting when we first moved to Woodstock; 4 years ago.
No better and no different, except for higher prince point. Misleading breakfast menu items (not stating it was fake bacon, ham or sausage), overpriced up-charges resulted in an $8 breakfast sandwich made with the worst quality turkey substitute meat with a taste resembling sawdust.

What a shame...fresh tasty bagel, nice cheese, fresh egg and horrible meat. Clean enough, but who cares when the flavor is so poor. At these prices they can afford to use real meat.
Woodstock Fair Goers, skip the Java Jive and go right into the fairgrounds for better quality food.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Nice quiet little cafe to meet with friends. Quick courteous service and the scones are the best! Go there often and love it.

1  Thank Linda B