“Nice lunch”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dine in the unique historic ambiance of The Brick, while enjoying classic American cuisine! Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Check our website for current hours and menus.
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We had a very nice business lunch. Food was good. Staff were friendly. It was nice and quiet and we were able to conduct out meeting. We were in and out quickly. I enjoyed the decor

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We decided to eat at the bar. The bar was empty so we had the bartender's full time and attention. We recently moved to Lewes, Delaware and are eager to learn about the area and where to get our Delaware driver licenses. Our bartender/server Chris was a veritable fountain of information about the Brick Hotel, Georgetown, the DMV, and Lewes. Our food was excellent. I had a crab cake sandwich and my wife had a grilled cheese sandwich. The service was also excellent. We will definitely return to the Brick Hotel for dinner some day soon.

Lynn-Owner, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your first (of many we hope) experience with us!! We really aren't too far from Lewes, so will hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Haven’t been to the Brick for a long while because we were quite disappointed with our last meal there. After speaking to both the restaurant manager and the owner about the problems our group encountered we were reluctant to go back too soon. Glad we waited for a while because we recently went back and things were much improved. Aside from the fact that the duck breast was back on the menu, which was a very good thing, all of us were pretty happy with our meal. Our only complaint was that the pomegranate sauce on the duck was a bit too salty and someone’s NY strip steak was a tad over cooked. We let our server know and we were offered a replacement steak and even the chef admitted that the sauce on the duck was too salty. Obviously, he or she should have tasted it before serving it. But the duck was delicious and I scraped the sauce off and mixed it with my rice pilaf, which made it seem less salty. We will definitely go back, sooner than the last time and we will be more specific about exactly what we want.

TheBrick, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your improved experience with us, and for giving us another opportunity to provided you with a positive dining experience!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Always looking for new places in the Delaware Beach Area. Was told about the Brick in Georgetown approximately 14 Miles from Lewes. Very nice place inside an Historic Hotel. Services was very good and food was excellent. Cheese Plate for two, feeds about 6 people, we took a lot of it home. Also have to mention the grilled andouie sausage, with mustard was fantastic.
I had the red wine flight, what a great idea, the malbec was my favorite but they were all good. For dinner I had the braised short ribs over mashed potatoes with honey roasted carrots. It was wonderful and a large portion. My wife had the scallops with mashed and carrots. Scallops were huge and delicious. This place is classy and charming. I also had to mention they have a gentlemen who plays the clarinet and the sax. He was awesome.. I will be going back soon!! Check it out

TheBrick, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you John, for your awesome review. We are so glad that you have discovered The Brick where, as we say, "things are happening west of the beach" and that you enjoyed everything - it sounds like - from start to finish. We call Everett Spells our jazzy sax man -- he plays regularly at The Brick and is among our favorites. You can find out schedule of entertainers on our website at www.brickhotelrestaurant.com/events. I will surely pass along your kind comments to my staff, and we will look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The Brick has become our favorite go to restaurant for a late, leisurely lunch or early dinner. I am working my way through their lunch menu and as of yet have not found an entree that I did not enjoy. My husband always chooses the crab cake which he obviously loves. Our favorite waiter is Philip. Their sweet potato fries are to die for, delicious soups too. They offer specials which change nightly; ours is the Thursday night one which is a $13 crab cake dinner. They also offer a "buy one, get 50%off" deal Tuesday - Thursday from 4 pm to 5 pm for early diners. I would highly recommend The Brick.

Lynn-Owner, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thanks so much Anne! Be sure to come see us in the next week or so because Phillip will be relocating to Chicago soon. We will surely miss him!!