“Awesome Classic Italian Deli”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Lewes
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. Although our dining room opens at 11 AM, the bakery and deli open at 10 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We went there just before closing. The waitress was great and not put out at all. The food was great and came out in a timely manner. I felt like a kid again in my favorite Italian deli in Baltimore. The canoli's for dessert was the best treat. We will be back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Good Italian food and great service. The chicken parmigiana is my husband's favorite. They have an excellent wine list and fantastic desserts. Carry out is available and the sandwiches and Italian pastries are delicious.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Although it is not a large venue, it's worth the wait and close quarters for the food. The pizzas are all fresh and tasty. All of the display cases of meats, cheeses and pastries make your mouth water.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I picked up a bagful of takeout meals and drove 20 minutes to the family dinner. First out of the bag was the "penne marinara, NO CHEESE." My daughter is lactose intolerant, and we had asked whether the spaghetti sauce contained cheese. The answer was yes, BUT they offered to use the cheese-free pizza sauce instead. Great, right? Not quite. They topped the cheese-free sauce with a handful of grated cheese. Seriously. Second meal: we had ordered rigatoni with plain butter. Simple, no? Apparently not. The rigatoni with plain butter was topped with a handful of grated cheese. How does this happen? The third meal was orecchiette with sausage. The pasta was essentially one large congealed mass of overcooked dough because the restaurant had applied far too little sauce for the serving. Think cement. The sausage was okay; the rest of this dinner went to the trash. Only one meal, the spaghetti with meatballs, was edible and rated a "good." I called the restaurant and asked to have the two "cheese-free meals" taken off my credit card. "The manager's not here tonight, and I can't do that," was the reply. I was told I could try again the next day, but I give up already. I've paid for a valuable lesson: when in Lewes, dine someplace else. I have rated restaurants all over the country and almost always found a reason to give four or five stars. Can't do it this time. I paid nearly $70 to have a Friday evening ruined. I hope you have better luck than our 1-star disaster.

1  Thank RH0001
Lorenzo M, General Manager at Touch of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Hi RH -

I owe you two apologies!

The first one is that I took too long to respond to your post. One of our internal sayings to live-by is that it's important to do well for all of our guests, but we really shine when we screw up and make up for it. In the few instances where we do less than perfect, we do not hide from our mistakes, we need to respond promptly and to overwhelmingly make up for it. Lastly, we need to establish a personal relationship with our guest so they feel at home then and any subsequent visits.

So, my second apology is of course for our screw up(s). It sure looks like Murphy of Murphy's law got involved here.

Please, please reach out to me directly at info@TouchOfItaly.com - we will absolutely make this right! OK?

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Whether you're looking for a romantic bite with a nice wine or a platter that be the buzz of the party, it just doesn't get better than here!

Been to Touch of Italy? Share your experiences!