“Less than average”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

I'm on a very tight budget and decided to try this restaurant. Wish I hadn't. I spent $75 on an extremely mediocre meal. Fast food would have been cheaper and better. Also my waitress disappeared for more than 15 minutes and I had to keep asking the neighboring table for service.

Wish I had gone somewhere else don't waste your money. The french fries were tasty and the fish and chips were good but the rest of the food was really not that great at all.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (647)

Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

We went for lunch looking for an interesting location and pub grub. The fish and chips was excellent. The fish flaky with a crisp coating. I asked for the fries to be well done and they were perfect. Everything was hot, well seasoned and cooked to perfection. We were seated immediately and our server was attentive and pleasant. Our drinks and food arrived quickly. Overall, an outstanding experience.

1  Thank jank253
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

We spent an afternoon in Lewes and had a late lunch here. The crab soup was alright (not very warm and seemed a little limited in the amount of crab). We had the salmon and the cuban sandwich which we thought were good.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

We've been here before and everything was great but this time the service was horrible. After our waitress took our order we never saw her again. She never once even looked in our direction. We asked 3 different buss people to please bring or have her bring us a second drink. None of them brought it or asked her to bring it. We tried to get her attention several times. We finally got her attention to bring the check. By this time we were done. She brought the check and thanked us for our patience because it was so busy which it was not by any means. She came back 3 times in 5 minutes to get our money. Very disheartening. We left a small tip which is not our norm and made us feel guilty but she was that bad. Ps. The food was delicious. Such a shame to have such an awful waitress.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 28 March 2021

We looked at the menu online and decided to go to the Irish pub. It was within walking distance of our hotel.

My wife ordered the Reuben, thinking that it would be great, especially at an Irish pub. It was traditional, with corned beef, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing, served on marble-rye bread.

After she had a few bites, she said it was a bit dry. She asked for more kraut. That didn’t seem to help and she could not finish the sandwich. She said it was not good at all.

I had the Tuscan chicken panini. The toppings included squash and zucchini, roasted peppers, provolone cheese, with mayo on ciabatta bread. The toppings were good, but the chicken was a bit overcooked.

Our server apologized profusely and did not charge us for the Reuben. I believe she felt badly because she had recommended it.

Both sandwiches came with a side of potato salad, which was very good.

I had the peanut butter pie for dessert. It was okay, nothing special.

With so many choices to eat on the water in Lewes, we will probably not return.

Date of visit: March 2021