“Nice change”

Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Innovative, American Cuisine with a focus on sourcing fresh, locally grown products. Open Sunday & Monday at 3pm for dinner & Tuesday-Saturday at 11am for lunch & dinner. On & Off Site Catering available for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Outdoor seating available during warmer months.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Clean and spiffy . Staff very attentive. Menu selections explained without hesitation showing depth of knowledge of chef's practices.
Had pork schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage. Delicious and a a rarely seem menu item.

Kevin R, Owner at Abbott's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Robert! We're so glad that you enjoyed the pork schnitzel. We're always happy to offer food selections that are somewhat "off the beaten path" but nonetheless delicious (in our humble opinion). Gather at the grill!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We visited Abbott's Grill on our way home from New York on Sunday (11/05). We received a wonderful greeting by Rachel who sat us right away. Sergey was the person who took care of us the rest of the time we were at the restaurant. Sergey explained the entire menu to us including the specials. We only came in for a quick bite before we were going to get back on the road to continue home. We only had the burgers even though some of the items that were on the menu looked and sounded very good.
This looked to us like the type of place many of the locals in the area go since we did notice that the people at Abbott's knew a lot of the people coming through the door.
The restaurant appears to be a large place which would make me also believe that it gets busy at times which to me is always good, that is the sign of a good restaurant.
Back to the burgers, they were real burgers and excellent. Sergey was excellent to deal with, friendly and very professional. The way Sergey explains the menu you want to try everything. I would return to Abbott's grill next time we are in the area.

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! We're glad you found us on your way home to NY & do hope that if you're ever in the area again that you'll come back to dine. Gather at the grill.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Hubby and I went on Oct 28 for their Halloween Party (8-11pm). We arrived a little after 8pm to an almost empty bar. There were 2 bartenders and about 10 patrons (some outside on the patio). We sat at the bar and ordered our drinks, waiting for more people to show up. The band, Stone Jack Ballers, was scheduled to start playing at 8:30. They started up at 8:40. They were decent, but the music was very mellow-not what you would think for a "party" on Halloween. A few more patrons showed up, bringing the total to about 15.

I was getting hungry, so I ordered the "crisp calamari" which sounded good. It arrived and I dug in. It was not crisp at all, sort of mushy on the outside (microwaved maybe?). The dipping sauce was on the bottom of the plate, which made the calamari even more mushy. It was also served with edamame, of which there were 11 beans (I counted) and on top was some fresh greenery, and there were bits of bleu cheese sprinkled (sparingly) about. Overall, it was mushy and extremely bland. The sauce-I could not identify the overall flavor (it was advertised as browned butter, but it was so bland). They charged $13 for the dish which was way over-priced.

I had 3 drinks, my husband had 2 and with the calamari our bill was almost $60! Do the math and you will find the drinks waaay overpriced at almost $10 each!

Several patrons left before the costume contest judging, which was at 9:30. I'm sure they were headed to a more lively party elsewhere. Shortly after the judging, we finished our drinks and went home.

Overall, it was very disappointing. The bartender refused to make a pina colada (wouldn't say why) and for my last drink, he said they were out of Jack Daniels....really? Who runs out of that?

Overpriced drinks, mediocre food, lackluster atmosphere. You can do much better elsewhere!!!

1  Thank t J
Kevin R, Owner at Abbott's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi TJ! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at our Halloween party. Although we can't control the amount of guests that turn out for an event, we do certainly stand behind our quality of food & drink. Our calamari is one of our signature dishes & we are sad to hear that you didn't love it. Your feedback on the dish has been forwarded to our chefs to ensure that the dish is being executed properly. While we believe the price of our drinks are in line with other area restaurants with similar product, we did offer drink specials that evening that included $2 beers & $4 house rail drinks for those that may have been interested. We do not have frozen beverages as part of our drink offerings which is why a Pina Colada wasn't available. We strive to never run out of any of our food or drink offered but unfortunately, it does happen with in-demand products & are sorry that we were not able to make you the Jack Daniels drink that you ordered. We'd love to offer you the opportunity to come back in for an appetizer & drink on us. If you're interested in this, please e-mail info@abbottsgrill.com with your contact information so we can arrange the details. Again, thank you for your feedback as we always appreciate hearing our guests point of view in order for us to better serve our customers.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I love a good bean burger with all the right mix of ingredients and this is the place that I got it! A total surprise burger served with a choice of three sides. I selected the jalapeño cold slaw that was very good. This thick burger is moist but not soggy with a slice of fried green tomato and guacamole AND a slice of red tomato on a spring green mix!

Oops, I forgot that while we were waiting for our meal, the table was served with spinach chips with chopped tomato salsa and of course they were fresh, crunchy with a hint of salt. We really enjoyed this instead of bread.

My husband had the Power Salad with quinoa, chick peas, blueberries, and mixed greens and it was a great salad. We will definitely visit again because there were other selections on the menu that we want to try!

A great reasonably priced lunch with great service!

Kevin R, Manager at Abbott's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that you & your husband enjoyed your lunch & we hope to see you back at the grill soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I was visiting in the area with my children and decided to try things here and enjoy their burger night. We were greeted by the manager at the door who was extremely friendly and attentive who seated us. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive as well and the manager came to check on us at the conclusion of our meal to see if everything was ok. The burgers were very good and their pasta salad was really good too. We would definitely return again. BTW, there are more burger choices then what was advertised.

Kevin R, Manager at Abbott's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for the review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our burger night! We hope to see you at the grill again soon!