All reviewshonor barbrandywine valleymain buildingturn down servicehagley museumsitting areasoaking tubon site restaurantcomplimentary waterlarge bathroomseparate buildingsnemours mansiondu pontbusiness travelertowel warmermini fridgekrazy kats
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Check in was a breezy, fast friendly front desk. Might want to work on local restaurant suggestions I seem to know a lot more then them. Honor bar located in the main building perfect for a night cap or quick beer before dinner. The property it's self is beautiful and you can tell housekeeping and grounds really takes pride in what they do. The room Algernon was wonderful. Large, spacious and very very clean. Wonderful getaway 5 stars. On site restaurant was decent for breakfast but if you want a real treat head to Hanks Place 10 minutes north for breakfast. Dinner was so so

Room Tip: Go for the Superior suite if you can afford it.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xtrimex
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was our second visit to Monchanin. We requested the same room and the hotel was very accommodating and had noted our request. The room, the grounds, the location are all wonderful. The bed was comfortable with 6 pillows!! Room was clean, comfortable and the perfect retreat on a busy weekend. So very lovely and a piece of perfection in a busy area.
Our only negatives are the chairs in our room were threadbear on the arms. We were paying too much for threadbear chairs. Also, we were told we needed reservations for breakfast. Don't remember that from our last visit, but maybe we were there on a busier weekend. Nevertheless reservations for Saturday breakfast seemed a bit much.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nclaireb
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We've visited Brandywine Valley 4 times, with the Inn being full each time, me looking yearningly at it, each visit
This time we were fortunate to book a room here & it was worth the wait! Charming touches everywhere, a true sign of management that cares
The main check in is at a separate "barn" building, with the rooms across the road & down a cobblestone pedestrian street.
Our room was in Carpenter, on the second floor, no elevator, so if stairs are a concern, mention that when booking
Front desk staff was very accommodating & pleasant
The room had a small convenience area, stocked with a fridge with complimentary water & soft drinks, a Keurig & ice dispenser
Turn down service with yummy chocolates was a pleasant surprise
The Barn has an "honor bar" available nightly, at 5pm

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maria l
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Great location for visiting the attractions of the Brandywine Valley (Winterthur, Hagley Museum, Nemours Mansion). The Inn is comprised of several buildings, actually a hamlet where workers from the local DuPont powder mill lived, around the turn of the last century. Some accommodations are in separate buildings, others are off a beautiful little lane. Some rooms have fireplaces, but all have complimentary water and soft drinks in the room refrigerator, very comfortable beds, and lovely amenities. The shower in our bathroom was fabulous, and quite large. Breakfast is not included, but if you are not a huge eater, there are a la carte options for a very reasonable price. They start you off with a complimentary muffin, which as very good. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I have loved the Inn at Montchanin Village for many years, and family members continue to travel there for its beauty and location. I still use the Montchanin umbrella that I purchased on my first visit - and it always makes me smile. Unfortunately, I was not smiling after two attempts to purchase a gift certificate for friends who were celebrating a milestone anniversary. It did not arrive as promised after more than a week of waiting, and it did not arrive as promised on the second attempt. While apologies were offered, there was no action taken to expedite delivery once the Inn knew that the gift card did not arrive. The gift card was delayed in being brought to the Post Office in a second attempt, and once again, delivery was not expedited so that it would get here on time. I still hold wonderful memories of the Inn, and I was hoping to share them with lifelong friends. While I'll be making alternate gift plans, I regret that I lost what, for me, was once a most remarkable Inn. Everything changes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends