“Wonderful, and Indian food is usually my last choice-not any more.”
Review of Indigo

Indigo
Ranked #32 of 287 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I knew this restaurant was going to be special the moment I walked in. It is a beautiful restaurant and the aroma was mouth watering. The owner took care of our table of four, and was gracious. The others in the party were more familiar with items on the menu and guided my selections, but the menu was user friendly as well. The meal was delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Excellent service, the manager tries to greet and converse with each table to make sure everything is great. Portions were generous, taste was very good with quality cuts of meat. I enjoyed a poori which was not on the menu, but available by request, lamb biriyani which was very flavorful without being overspiced, and a mango lassi.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

My partner was under enthused when I announced the choice of Indigo for dinner. Not that she is not adventurous, but just not fond of "hot and spicy", the often preconceived notion of Indian cuisine.

So this dinner turned her opinion around. The appy was two samosas, fried and stuffed with mashed potato and peas. Nothing hot or even spicy here.

Her entree was Mashe Masala, chunks of salmon in a mild masala sauce. Again, you could call it spicy, with typical herbs and spices, but not hot even by her standards. She was very pleased.

Mine, Seekh Kabob, ground lamb baked in the tandoor. Now this was definitely spicier and more peppery, but that is right up my alley. Yum.

Both were served with sides of rice and a veg mixture of chick peas (channa) onion, sweet peppers, in a mildly spiced yogurt sauce. Very tasty. Plenty of naan bread on the side, but we still ate American style with knife and fork!

Three small dishes of condiments were on the table. One was very hot, one medium, one mild so you can ad lib on the heat and spice. I also understand that you can ask that the heat level be dialed up on your entrees, if you wish.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

On our recent visit to RB we decided to try out Indigo, the new Indian restaurant on Rehoboth Ave. We made reservations earlier in the day and were thankful we did because the restaurant was very full that evening, which is a good sign, especially in the off season.

The décor is calming and has a sense of elegance from the white table clothes, beautiful lighting sconces, and the relaxing art work/colors on the walls. Even though the décor and atmosphere gave off the vibe of a pricey exclusive place, everyone is welcomed regardless of attire (jeans,etc) and the prices are mid-range.

Our meal started with complementary “crackers” and three relishes. We sampled the Samosas as an appetizer, which were cooked perfectly on the outside, with the filling appropriately spiced and delicious. They have a variety of wines to choose from (the pours were very generous) and several beer selections. On this visit, we shared the Aloo Gobi and the Chicken Korma. Both dishes came with rice and a side of Chana masala. The Aloo Gobi was cooked perfectly and had a nice balance of spice/flavors. The chicken korma was not over sauced, flavorful, and melted in my mouth. Of course, we had an order of naan bread to accompany our meal.

In addition to the great food, the service was spectacular! My water glass was never empty the entire visit and the servers checked on us regularly to ensure our visit was going well. They conveyed the sense that they were very thankful we chose to dine there and took pride in making our visit positive.

While I never considered Indian food “beach eats”, the quality of the food and service has me now including Indigo into our rotation of restaurants when visiting RB.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

01-19-2018

We have wanted to eat here for months and finally did. If you like “Lamb” this is the place to go, for the food is not flavorless. When you arrive at your table, you will find three types of chutney with Indian bread. For dinner we had one of their lamb dishes, and it melted in our mouth and served with Indian rice and spicy garbanzo beans (chick pea base). Indigo offers many Lamb dishes and three of us had Lamb and one had Chicken. In addition we ordered naan, one plain and garlic. We each had a glass of house Chardonnay which was very good. For what we had, you could not beat the price, $37 per person which included a 20% tip.