“Dessert For The Health Conscious”
Review of Annie's Banannies - CLOSED

Annie's Banannies
Lewes, Delaware
“Dessert For The Health Conscious”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Annie's Banannies is a unique approach to dessert. They take frozen bananas and run them through a grinder/juicer type machine. The result is a soft ice cream type product that tastes more like ice cream than a banana and yet is non-dairy. You then choose from a wide selection of healthy toppings such as strawberries, peanut butter, blueberries, and other mostly fruits for a delicious sundae. The location is a small store with no inside seating. You can buy your sundae and sit on a bench outside or eat it while walking through town. In reality, the taste is no better than a sundae you might buy at Royal Treat, Dairy Queen or any other ice cream parlor. However, you will not be getting as many calories and this is a non-dairy product for those adverse to dairy products. It tastes almost as good as ice cream and you will know you are eating healthier.

4 Thank infrequentcritic

Newark, Delaware
“Ice Cream has met it's match! Great new after dinner treat in Rehoboth Beach.”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you are like me, and just need something a little sweet to finish off that good summer meal, you generally wind up feeling guilty about indulging in the routine ice cream plunge. Well no more if you are in the Rehoboth Beach, DE area! My family and I just could not stay away from Annie's Banannies after every meal we had during our recent week outing for the summer. Taking frozen bananas and running them through a juicer to produce frozen banana puree, then adding you favorite toppings, was just too much to resist. All of this with lot less calories and guilt! What a country! Banana split was my favorite.

garnet valley, pa
“I LOVE Annies Banannies!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The Nutty Banannie is my favorite, with extra Agave on top! I think the price is pretty good, the people are nice, the location is wonderful, and most of all the banannie is so yummy! I was SO surprised when I first had one, it didn't even taste like a banana, it tasted like ice cream! Thank you Ann for a Vegan friendly "ice cream" place in Rehoboth Beach!

keyser777
“Unbelievably Good!!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

One of the best desserts I've ever tasted in my life!! I'm a banana junkie so this place was right up my ally. I went there twice. Had 3 on my first trip and 2 on the second. The idea is ingenuous! They taken a frozen banana and run it through a device that makes it come out like soft serve ice cream. You can add any toppings you like from chocolate, candied nuts, fresh fruit, etc. All of the ingredients are all natural. You get a nice sized portion for the price too. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious, healthy treats for all!”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The concept is brilliant: Mashed frozen bananas in place of ice cream or any other frozen dairy or soy product. Top it off with ALL-NATURAL goodies, like fresh berries or peanut butter, and you have an absolutely delicious, guilt-free treat.

Bananas offer many health benefits that come in handy on hot summer days. I made stopping by Annie's Banannies a habit after working on my tan at the beach. My personal favorite is a banannie with fresh blueberries and peanut butter (but one of my friends couldn't get enough of the all-natural "Snickers" sundae).

If you are in Rehoboth Beach, consider stopping by for dessert or a nice sweet to eat as you cruise along the boardwalk.

1 Thank ohiocitytim