“Lunch.....”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

On a chilly day y husband and I walked around Rehoboth for about 5 hours.....sun going in and out, wind blowing and we happened to be across the street from the Oyster House.....so I said let's stop in for a hot soup. We were seated in a cozy dining room and greeted by Billy.
We ordered an oyster stew and clam chowder. While sitting there we decided to have a drink. They have a large selection of beers for "beer snobs" and I had one of the best bloody Mary's !
Drinks were great, but stew and chowder were fabulous !
Billy was extremely personable.
We will definitely go back next time for dinner !
Prices are reasonable

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Exceeded our expectations! Staff was wonderful, food was exquisite! Visiting from the Seattle Area and this would rival any 5 star seafood bistro in the area. Hopefully,I’ll have enough time to revisit this wonderful oyster house before I go back to WA! Thanks for a great culinary experience!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

6 of us had a wonderful lunch.

Oysters were scrumptious and highly recommended! Very friendly service! Will definitely come back!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We've been here many times for happy hour, nice place, but very crowded. We went this past weekend for dinner, the dining room was extremely loud, we were seated in the middle of the floor with our chairs hitting chairs of the people sitting next to us. Serve throughout the dinner was very slow and not attentive. The food was average at best. Stay away for dinner, they are not staffed to handle a "FULL HOUSE".

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We were very excited to try this restaurant for our anniversary dinner because of all the great reviews. I'll start off with our experience with the hostess. We were dressed business casual (mind you the servers have t-shirt and jean shorts on), it is a classier establishment. We checked in with host and asked how long the wait would be for two. She came across like she didn't want us to dine there and said about an hour and then proceeded to refer us to a restaurant down the street with the same chef. So I said ok we would still like to dine here - do you text us when the table is ready? Yes we do. Then she said if you decide not to dine here just text us to cancel. By the amount of people waiting there I had a feeling it wouldn't be that long. In about 20 minutes the text came through the table was ready, so back we went. The rest of the experience was great, food was amazing and the service was great. They also offered a cask beer which is a bit hit for us. I probably will not dine here in future though as I would prefer to go where the hostess is more welcoming.