All reviews off season can't beat the location pull out couch beach chairs the main street this past weekend free parking housekeeping staff sitting area omelet ocean roland boardwalk rehoboth delaware funland
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This IS the place to stay! Perfect location right on the beach and boardwalk! Pool for the kids with view of the ocean. Walking distance to plenty of restaurants. Staff were friendly, room was good - all around good place. We will be staying here again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are happy that you found our hotel to be just what you needed for a getaway at the beach. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for two nights the weekend after Labor Day. The room was nice, spacious and clean. The hotel and restaurant staff were very friendly. The coffee shop right outside the front door provided for a quick breakfast. The restaurant downstairs has more of a dinner/cafeteria like atmosphere but the food was good and the portion size was large. The only downside to the hotel and restaurant is that some questionable guests were very loud in the hallway on the second night and morning and the crab cakes could have used less salt.

Room Tip: An oceanfront room is obviously the best but a south side room is perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your time at the beach. I have shared your wonderful comments with the staff and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We really thought we were booking a room with a balcony. The pictures are so deceiving on the web site because it shows a balcony railing. You have to look really closely to see that the balcony isn't real, it is just a railing outside the sliding door. You can barely stand there, let alone sit and enjoy the ocean. Just as bad is the fact that there is no screen on the sliding door or the window that face the ocean so you can't even hear the ocean. I was so looking forward to a balcony so we very nicely inquired about moving. The only room with a balcony had two double beds so we asked if they would waive the cancellation fee for us to move hotels. They said we would have to pay for one night and at 250+ per night, we just couldn't do that financially. Truly disappointed!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused in reference to the misunderstanding of our room types. On our website there are a few rooms that actually say Balcony (Ocean Front, Limited View and Queen Suite South), all other rooms do not list Balcony on their descriptions. I wish I had been aware of your disappointment and I would have allowed you to cancel your reservation so you could have found accommodations elsewhere. I have shared you comments with the staff and management, and I am very sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Visited the Atlantic Sands for two nights, we originally booked a king suite ocean front room which was allocated on the first floor. The view which we were looking forward to was blocked as the Juliet balconies on the 1st floor have a brick wall half way up the sliding door window. We asked for a higher floor but all they had was a ocean front double and was told it would be a extra $40 for the stay but this was charged per night which they didn’t mention so was a extra $80.
The second room was however much better and had been updated and with a full balcony and lovely ocean view. The breakfast we only did on the last morning but we didn’t really enjoy it. The hot stuff was cold and the omelet was very greasy. The hotel is fine the staff were mainly friendly depending on who you met.
The location however is brilliant and now I know the situation with the rooms I wouldn’t say I would never stay here again but I won’t be rushing to book back either if I find a better deal. However we will definitely be returning Rehoboth, we loved it there and will be staying longer than two nights next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you to another room that has a full balcony. I wish that you had made me aware of the misunderstanding in reference to the different room accommodations and pricing before you had checked out. I sure would have looked into the discrepancy on the room rate.

We serve a full breakfast buffet every morning with omelets and eggs cooked to order, which we have gotten nice comments about, and I am sorry that you did not find it to be up to par.

I know our location is superb on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach and I am hoping that you will give us another chance to prove of our facility and accommodating staff.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We booked this hotel through Hotwire, so we weren't quite sure what hotel or room we were getting. We called the hotel, once we found out which one it was, a few weeks before our booking and spoke to Craig, the GM. He was very nice and accommodating and even offered to consider an upgrade if rooms were available to what were looking for, balcony with sea view. When we arrived the counter staff were helpful but it was Craig being there and the note he entered into our reservation that made the upgrade happen. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Hotel is literally right on the boardwalk, a few steps from the ocean. The room was perfect on the 4th floor with balcony overlooking the sea where we observed a large pod of dolphins playing and breaching in the surf. The hotel staff was very welcoming and the rooms cleaned promptly each day The hotel also has a shallow pool which is nice and offers free umbrellas and beach chairs. Parking too is free. We highly recommend this hotel, just not sure what the cost would be during high season.

Stayed: September 2018
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad you stayed with us and we perfect remedy for a relaxing and enjoyable time at the beach. I have shared your wonderful comments with the staff and we hope to see you again.