“Touch of Italy - Rustic Realness in Rehoboth”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Ranked #12 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Road 271
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. The dining room doesn't open till 11 AM, but you can still shop at the deli and bakery beginning at 10:30 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Tucked away in the resort town of Rehoboth beach on Route 1 Coastal Highway in the land of tax Free outlet shopping, you'll find this little jewel and a Touch of Italy. It's a great place for lunch or dinner. How they achieved such a cozy authentic atmosphere & feel to the place in a shopping mall next to a big Liquor Mart, I don't know. There's a small market, deli, nice sized dining area, and a cozy bar tucked in the back. This place has everything.

Our lunch was spectacular. Mark, our server got a bit in the weeds towards the end when a table of 12 came in, he was still very attentive and had a great sense of humorr. We had the pasta daily special of Collezione Bucatini in a Vodka sauce for $10, a grade A Caesar salad, & Pasta e Fagioli soup all served with amazing homemade bread, house olive oil, and crumbled Parmigiano Reggiano. What a fantastic meal!

The San Benedetto sparkling water (0g Sodium!) was so good I ordered a case for my dad. The super cool Carrie Greenleaf arranged it smoothly and it will be ready in a few days to pick up. Now, that's what I call service!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The best thing about this restaurant is the food. Although they were not busy it took awhile to get seated. Other than that the staff was very attentive and helpful. My salad was good, my daughters sandwich was excellent, and our appetizer was great.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Friends recommended this to us, so we joined them for chicken parmesan Monday. They also stated they split the dinner. What a wise suggestion! Both couples split a salad and a chicken parmesan dinner. WE STILL TOOK FOOD HOME! I had my leftovers for lunch. The place is quaint & friendly and they also have an Italian deli counter, with a wide variety of meats, cheese & breads. Definitely worth a try.

BigCipTOI, Public Relations Manager at Touch of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for the thoughtful review. Informative, descriptive, positive, and a great suggestion of sharing. Super glad you had a great experience and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Last time we went to Touch of Italy we had a bad experience! I left a note on the website and did not get a response! This is our go to Italian food restaurant and favorite in Rehobeth!
Previously the pasta fagoli soup was undercooked and watered down! The side dish did not appear until the dinner was completed!
We spoke to the manager on duty and did not feel like it was important!
That was last month and I decided let's try it again.
Lunch was excellent and the service was spot on! The manager was attentive and friendly!
She explained that was a shift in management and the owners were addressing issues.
I still don't understand why a restaurant has a contact board and no one responds!
PS
We had sandwiches which were great. Sausage and peppers and the DaVinci salami with mozzarella and peppers both amazing!
The cannoli are terrific!

BigCipTOI, Public Relations Manager at Touch of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Hi there! So glad you had a better experience this time. We pride ourselves on providing an authentic Italian experience and excellent customer service. I’m sorry your review on FB might have been overlooked. I’m very diligent about responding to ALL reviews, as you can see on Trip Advisor and Yelp and even FB. Thanks again for giving us another try and letting others know it was great.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Very popular place that takes reservations. Great beers on tap. Very tasty salads. Calamari was fine. Servers are very good. Deli has excellent cheeses. But we went for the Monday Night Special of Chicken Parmesan and it was really not worth the money - unless you are mainly interested in getting a big serving of flattened, tasteless chicken breast.

Lori L, Public Relations Manager at Touch of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Wow this is a bit of a shock to me. We are known for our chicken parm. I’m sorry it wasn’t up to our normal level of quality. I’m hoping you spoke with your server or manager right away. Please let me know if you did. Thank you again for your other kind words. We appreciate it.