“The Italian sub is outstanding!”

Casapulla's South Subs Steaks
Ranked #135 of 286 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Reviewed 3 February 2017

We love the special Italian sub fully loaded. (Italian Sub with Prosciutto) We ordered the roast beef sub and wondered why it was so dry. We called and were told that you must ask for the Dietz & Watson® London Broil Roast Beef Sub. We found the slow cooked version too dry. Casapulla's was kind enough to give us a voucher for a free one the next time we came in. Wonderful people! I tried the tuna sub with extra mayo and fresh onions. Again...wonderful! I haven't tried the hot dogs or beef steaks yet, but I can't wait to go back and maybe I'll make it a week long binge on everything they make. I will then have to make it to the gym to work it all off!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I'm a firm believer in reviews and I've found some of the best restaurants as a result of them but this time I was let down - big time. My husband and I make it a point to try out at least one new restaurant each time we come to Rehoboth Beach and since we were in the mood for subs we decided to check out Casapula's, after all they've been around since 1956 so they must be doing something right...wrong. First off, the staff is not the most friendly, that's for sure, although the girl who took our order was pleasant enough the ones who make your food and call out your numbers when your order is ready shove the bag at you like you've inconvenienced them in some way clearly need a refresher course in customer service or perhaps they have a future working at the MVA. I ordered the Pizza Steak and I was covered in tomato sauce as I attempted to open the sub, there's no reasonable explanation for the condition of the sub other than the person making it couldn't care less. The meat was wafer steak (Steak Um like) and the cook didn't even make a minimal effort to chop it, just tossed it on the roll, along with some random pepperoni that was actually barely lukewarm and then added sauce minimally over the meat but poured over the outside of the roll. I took 1/2 of the mini size back to the room and our golden retriever wouldn't even eat it, he looked offended after sniffing it and left it lying on the floor. My husband got the Italian, the sandwich they boast about and although he said it was edible he quickly stated that we should have gone to Frank & Louie's because they truly understand the art of the Italian. I should have listened the the 1 and 2 star reviews that I saw on different sites but we wanted to try something new and this time it didn't work out. They do get points for having Birch Beer on their fountain but I have found that quite a few places in the Rehoboth carry that as well and the Birch Beer wasn't worth the upset stomach and disappointment. If you want a really awesome Italian sub avoid this place like the plague and head to Rehoboth to Frank & Louie's or Surf's Edge in Fenwick, this place has clearly gone wayyyyyy downhill.

2  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Have enjoyed their offerings for 30 years...Back in the 1980s, Casapullas opened their southern Delaware sub shop in Peddler's Village on Route 24...that was very near our summer vacation home and we fell in love with their subs which are absolutely stuffed with best meat, cheeses and seasonings...in their current location, they continue to offer the highest quality of subs, sandwiches and home made side dishes...a medium sized sub is enough for 2 people or 2 meals...I've tried subs from most of the local locations in Rehoboth Beach and Lewes and none of them compare to Casapullas...do yourself a favor and give them a try...

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Stopped in for some sandwiches had not been there in a while live locally. This place has really gone down hill. Sandwiches are not what they us to be, will not be back.

Paula L, Owner at Casapulla's South Subs Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

The body555,
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Casapulla's Rehoboth Beach. If you had expressed your concerns to myself or staff we could have rectified the problem then but in any case, please let me know what we can do to make you a customer again.
Happy Holidays and best wishes for 2017.

Paula LaPenta

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Good Italian style subs. Cheesesteak is one of the best in town. Bread and meats are fresh. The Italian sandwich is a go to, always delicious.