“Our Thing To do when in Rehobeth”
Review of Royal Treat

Royal Treat
Ranked #3 of 31 Dessert in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 1 January 2018

When visiting our friends in Rehobeth Beach, Royal Treat is our fav spot at night for ice cream.

Big cones, friendly and very cute faces and just a fun thing to do.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

It had been a while since we had eaten here. Last time I was there, I left under-impressed. I really had no desire to go back. However, we were in town and the kids wanted pancakes. So, I figured I would give it another try this summer.

We got there early, as to secure a seat without having to wait in the lines that quickly form here. We were seated immediately at the last table available before having to wait. Our waitress was around right away to take our orders. We ordered eggs, bacon, Italian french toast and pancakes. For drinks we ordered coffee, milk, juice and chocolate milk.

Overalll, we had an ok experience. Service was fairly fast. Our waitress was friendly. Place appeared clean, but our table had a wobbly leg, which was annoying. Food was OK. I would not say it was amazing. It was almost like having breakfast at grandma's kitchen..basic. French toast was actually disappointing. I used to love it. This time I did NOT enjoy it at all. It tasted very "eggy". Kids did NOT like it either. The eggs, both over medium and scrambled with cheese were very good. Bacon was pretty good. Kids and my husband both enjoyed the pancakes. I tried a bite of the pancakes. I thought they were OK, but nothing special. I have had better. Also, I believe that this place is CASH only, so come prepared.

Bottom Line: It is OK for breakfast. I would eat here again IF my family wanted to, but it is not my first choice or probably even second or third pick for breakfast. There are better breakfasts to be had in town.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

They serve great breakfasts here, but the ice cream is even better! Emily was fast, efficient and personable. I ordered a sundae and she first put marshmallow and caramel syrup on the bottom, then 2 scoops ice cream and syrups again on the top. WOW, it was great!!! They serve the best sundaes!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Been having breakfast at Royal Treat for years. It is such a unique experience. A long time family owned and run business who knows how to do it right.

Stand in line at the door while you wait for the owner to find you a table either on the fresh air screened porch or inside where it feels like you're sitting in grandmom's house. Then choose between a gigantic omelette filled with a small but classic selection, italian toast french toast, pancakes, or eggs. Meals come with your choice of a beverage. Whatever you choose, you will never be disappointed and probably won't be able to eat it all. And whatever you do, pay the extra $.50 to upgrade to the italian toast which in itself is a reason to come.

I almost hesitated to write this review because I want to keep this secret gem among those who already know. But beware, they are only open seasonally and stop seating for breakfast at 11:30. They open again at 1 pm for ice cream and milkshakes.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Went to Royal Treat for breakfast because of its reputation of good food. We were not impressed. At opening 8Am there was a line to get in. We were seated quickly. Service was not a problem. The food was not impressive. Homefries were under cooked. Creamed chipped beef lacked flavor. Egg omelet was okay - nothing special. We have eaten at other local places and received better meals for less cost. We will not be back.