“Tasty Deli Food, but Pricey”

McCabe's Gourmet Market
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The restaurant is conveniently located just south of Bethany proper. The sandwiches were all fresh and tasty, but not inexpensive. The restaurant also does not have any seating, so it's all take out.

2  Thank Panacea_Food

Reviewed 31 July 2016

During a recent vacation at Bethany Beach, my wife and I stopped at McCabe’s for lunch. We were looking for an old-fashioned homemade chicken salad sandwich. McCabe’s offered one with walnuts and grapes – perfect! However, the sandwich was pretty bland with the walnuts chopped so fine that only the occasional crunch while chewing suggested their existence in the sandwich. Perhaps their other sandwiches are more representative of a small service”gourmet” deli.

1  Thank Ernie0528
Reviewed 17 July 2016

We (3 adults) went to McCabe's to get sandwiches for lunch one day while we were renting a house on Fenwick Island. The sandwiches were freshly made and very good. The selection is limited: deli meats and cheeses and salads. Select meat, cheese, bread, and condiments. Prices for sandwiches are $5.25-$9.95. Make it a platter (potato salad and pickle) for an additional $1.55. There are a few tables in the store and outside on the patio. I ate half my sandwich one day and the other half the next day for lunch, so the price wasn't bad. -- We also bought a large frozen (store made) meat lasagna for dinner that night. It was great. $45.00. -- There were also coffees, bagels, soft drinks, olives, olive oil, fancy napkins and other souvenirs and gifts. It's a nice little store with good specialty foods. I'd go there again. -- It is not where I did my basic grocery shopping for the beach house stay. For that I went to Food Lion or Giant. -- If you want alcoholic beverages in Delaware, you have to go to a liquor store.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We bought food to take out. A French bread loaf, fresh from the oven, still warm, chicken salad with walnuts, and grapes, and a vinegar dressed cole slaw. They were all delicious. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

McCabe's has been around for decades and all gourmet market food is produced on site -- excellent for carry-out or cafe dining. I love their chicken/grape/walnut salad! A delightful and fun gift shop allows you to get unusual gifts and delicacies for yourself or others in one-stop dining and travel. It is a 'must stop' if in South Bethany.

1  Thank Jane B