All reviews green room hotel dupont old world new ownership soaking tub elegant hotel valet staff grand dame grand ballroom grand old hotel luxury king room room service large bathroom mini bar a wonderful stay my cousin beautiful room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice hotel. Front desk was very pleasant. The room was very large and clean. It was a great place to stay as it had good views of the city and was very close to a lot of areas to eat. I was very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Larry M, General Manager at HOTEL DU PONT, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your very kind review of the HOTEL DU PONT. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it convenient to many of the local businesses and attractions. It is our hope that you will return again in the future!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My room was booked for the wrong date then cancelled by the hotel. When I arrived there was no reservation for me and I had to take a room with one bed and a sofa bed for myself and my two daughters. My daughter who slept on the sofa bed slept very poorly. I wasn't even offered a refund!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ms. Scott,

I am so sorry to hear that there was an issue with your reservation and I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and your daughters. We do take your concerns very seriously. I will be forwarding this on to our Rooms Director for further investigation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is our goal that every guest has a great experience and again we apologize that we did not live up to your expectations or ours.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Booked a room last minute on line due to power outage. Awesome hotel and very luxurious Valet staff were very nice too and accommodating. Close to downtown Wilmington and a few blocks from Starbucks. Will return

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are delighted that you enjoyed your last minute stay with us and are looking forward to your return! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and for your very kind words.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We visited this hotel as guests at a wedding. The property is beautiful but the rooms need some updating. The carpet in our room was dirty and worn. The food was very good and the service was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Larry M, General Manager at HOTEL DU PONT, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you very much for your candid review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the beauty and elegance of the hotel and your fine dining experience during your stay. However, we certainly want all of our guests to be pleased with their entire stay. We take your concerns very seriously and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in rooms. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Will definitely be going back but not all of the staff lives up to the grandeur of the surroundings. For example, one evening I had to get to the Hampton Inn to meet my daughter and asked the bellman, of which there were 6, if they could call a cab which they said I would not be able to get at 9 pm and that I should contact Uber. The Hampton is about a half mile away but it was dark and I am not familiar with the town. I decided to walk and was fine but uncomfortable. After meeting up with my daughter at the Hampton, I asked their bellman if I could get a ride back to the Hotel DuPont which service they cheerfully provided.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the HOTEL DU PONT. I apologize for the interaction that you had with our bellmen. We have since reviewed your experience with our staff and made some recommendations based upon your feedback. Thank you for your candid review. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations or provide the experience that we hope to share with you and each of our guests when staying with us at the HOTEL DU PONT.

Kind regards,