“Best Fajitas”

Del Pez Mexican Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 588 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Description: Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is a casual, neighborhood gathering place filled with craft beer, house infused margaritas, mexican inspired pub fare.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Del Pez is the best Mexican food in Wilmington. I have never had anything I haven't liked. They have the best fajitas I have ever had. Steak is always cooked perfectly. They also have great salsa sampler. The atmosphere is so fun and the waiters and waitresses are so nice.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This place is conveniently located in the Wilmington Riverfront. It is in the same place as the old Kooma restaurant. We have now been here three or four times and think that the food is good. Service is generally slow and we think it is over priced. You have to pay extra for rice or beans which is unusual for a Mexican restaurant.

Hakuna H, Owner at Del Pez Mexican Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Travelingbeachbum,
thank you for visiting us over and over. We are continuously working towards improving our table service and I can assure you we can only get better. I am sorry to hear you we failed to showcase the quality value of our product. I will sit down with the culinary team to ensure the high standards we have for the ingredients translates to the plate and the menu description.
Thank you, and I hope to meet you one day.

Javier

Reviewed 11 November 2017

DEL PEZ!
DEL PEZ!
LEND ME YOUR EARS....
Let me count the ways that I love thee!

Well, this establishment too me off guard. It is located where my previous noodle spot used to be, so I never went in! #ripKoomba! Anyhoo, my husband and I were looking for a happy hour spot on the fly. It was already 6pm, so we basically thought that we would be S.O.L.....

Then, a ear-hustler who just happened to be on the elevator with us, recommended DEL PEZ. I hope the ear-hustler wins the lottery, because the recommendation paid off! As you can see from my many pictures of the food, it was a hit!

First and foremost, the location is one of the most prime areas within the newly renovated Wilmington area. It is on the waterfront amidst the bustling of new developments and rehabbing of what used to be. There are several well-know restaurant establishments serving various fairs, however DEL PEZ is the only Mexican venue. Therefore, the tapped into a wide open market.

The food is was very tasty! From the corn cakes, to the homemade guacamole, the food definitely had an authentic aroma and taste! What I truly loved was the fact that happy hour is from 3pm- 7pm & 10- closing EVERY MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY! That alone will make lots of people HAPPY, and affords people with different schedules to be able to enjoy!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went with our 2 year old son on a Thursday afternoon after lunch rush. Literally took over an hour and a half to get cheese dip, chicken quesadilla, and 2 tacos. Quesadilla literally had no sour cream or crema and we were charged an extra $1.50 for it when asked even though it was suppose to come with 1 or the other (don't recall which). My 2 shrimp tacos tasted OK, but were cold.
We had to chase our server down for anything and everything. We were starving so no point in sending it it back when the first set of food took so long and we were one of 3 tables in the whole place.
The manager walked by us 7 or 8 times but never once stopped to say hello or see if we needed anything or how he could help.
The bar was stocking for the evening shift, which was fine, but the trash from the boxes was thrown into the floor.
Plenty of other places to go for better food, better service and well actual portions that don't look like Taco bell served them.
Nothing Gastro about this Gastropub. Very disappointed.

Hello,
The situations you are describing are completely unacceptable and do not represent what our company strive for. I am sorry we failed you during your visit. I have contacted the management team and we will look into what happened during your visit. We will take all necessary measures to ensure this never happens again. Please let us know how can we regain your trust.

Javier
Owner

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Food is consistently delicious. Service had been excellent each time I've gone. The El Jeffe margarita is made with fresh lime and is crazy good. Try the guac!