“Quite simply the best burritos I've ever had”
Review of El Diablo

El Diablo
Ranked #24 of 587 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This place is 3 months old and I recently had a good experience here. They are comewhat akin to Chipotle burrito eateries as they make everything scratch every day. They offer staples like chicken burritos and pico de gallo salsa however they also offer up new twists like serrano braised short rib tacos and roasted red pepper romesco salsa. They definitely deserve the attention your site could garner them!
Reviewed 22 April 2015

El Diablo is Delaware's finest burrito spot. It may be one of the best burrito places on the east coast!

You can ditch the tortilla, and have a burrito bowl, you can have a salad with all the fixings, chicken, steak, fish, and it doesn't matter! It's all good.

They just opened another location at the University of Delaware. My only issue with El Diablo is the lines. People flock to both locations around lunch time and the U of D location is always busy.

Don't want to wait? If it's cold or rainy, go to the Trolley Square Location. Its super small and nobody like to stand outside in the cold or rain so nobody goes on those days!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I've been to several El Diablo stores in the area and most recently was at this several times in a row since I was working nearby. Sort of the Subway of burritoland. The burritos are certainly stuffed with pretty much whatever you'd want but I often just get a "bowl" and forgo the wrap carbs. It's good, reliable, basic food. As such, the place is usually mobbed at lunchtime so prepare for a bit of a wait if you don't get their early or late. Oh,m yeah, it's a bit hard to find the online menu. You get switched to facebook where no one has thought to pin a menu to the top.

1  Thank WGraham68
Reviewed 17 March 2015

This is the best casual Tex Mex in the area. Authentic and attention to every detail in their food, preparations and ingredients. Chipolte is supposed to be its competitor, but this place blows away Chipolte's. They are opening one in Newark soon, right across from Chipolte, we will see who wins the battle.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

I'm so happy to have found this place! They have so many options for burritos or tacos! I've always gone there for an early dinner when I need to kill some time and never had an issue waiting in like or finding a table. It is a small place though so I can see how it would be annoying during a lunch or dinner hour. They play awesome music. Most of the staff is pretty friendly! I do with they had a salsa to eat with chips instead of a pico. I always get a burrito or taco and chips! Great place!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Frankly, I don't see what's the fuss about El Diablo. I work nearby, so I occasionally go to Trolley Square for lunch. As many times as I've gotten takeout from here, I've walked out empty-handed an equal number of times because I can't take the wait. It's not always the fault of the employees as much as the plodding indecisive customers. That being said, there HAS to be a more efficient system than what they currently rely on to move diners through, especially at lunch.
When I do have the time to wait, or go during a less busy time, the burritos here are average at best. They are actually too big for one person to eat, and I'm usually left either bloated for having too much or guilty for throwing uneaten food away. The quality of the ingredients is not bad except for the shells, which fall apart too easily.
The dining area is tiny, with zero ambiance. Can't say I've ever dined in, nor do I want to.

1  Thank Anthony R