“Prime Rib!”

Harry's Savoy Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Savoy Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Foulk Road
Description: Harry’s is a promise of great food, excellent service, and a fun atmosphere. We’re dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience and strive to exceed expectations every time. Harry’s welcomes you.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Preferably the Savoy cut requested rare..... Prime Rib at its best!
Apart from that, a menu of other items, but having tasted the prime rib I never even bother with any of the others.
A good bar, the restaurant can be very crowded and noisy, but excellent atmosphere. The staff are attentive and the food is delicious.
In addition they have an excellent wine list.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

A friend & I went to Harry's for dinner last night with a gift certificate I had received. I made reservations via OpenTable, which I highly recommend. The ambiance was absolutely lovely. We started off with spanish octopus as an appetizer. Unfortunately neither of us were particularly fond of it, but the server graciously took it away & offered us another option. She said "the important thing is that you're happy & enjoying the experience." Wow! We ordered the ahi tuna tartare & it was outstanding. For dinner, my friend ordered the roast duck & had the 10 oz cut prime rib with au gratin potatoes. Perfection! Lastly, we ordered two desserts to share - the pear tart & some amazing chocolate dish with chantilly cream. Seriously. Delicious. We each also had one glass of wine with dinner. The overall cost was just under $100, so it's definitely a little pricey, but absolutely wonderful.

1  Thank tayawhat
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We enjoyed this restaurant very much. The service and food were first rate, and it is clearly supported by locals. We were there on a Sunday night and it was hopping. No one had a jacket on and a lot of people were in jeans, which I think detracts from a festive atmosphere, but I'm old school.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

So we decided to try Harry's for lunch this past Friday afternoon. According to their website, lunch would be served until 4:30pm. Upon our arrival at 3:30pm, we were given dinner menus by the hostess. When we expressed out desire to have lunch, she said lunch was no longer being served. When we told her what the website said and then started to leave (who eats dinner at 3:30??), she asked what we wanted for lunch and said she would check with the kitchen to see if that would be an issue. She never came back. The place was deserted except for 2 others. Not sure why you would want to turn anyone away? (see photo).

A few passed by, and then a waiter came over and when we explained our desire to eat lunch, he promptly returned with lunch menus and took our order cheerfully. My wife ordered the $15 lunch special which was a delicious stew topped with a chicken breast and accompanied by a nice garden salad. I ordered a burger and fries. The burger was very juicy and cooked perfectly, and the fries were hot. Our server was very attentive throughout the meal and made it a wonderful experience.

Afterwards, we stopped in the bar. The bar has about a dozen seats, and then their are about eight (6) person high tops, and then about 10 booths. Plenty of room and lots of personality. There is even outdoor seating for nicer weather. From 4:30 to 6:30 weekdays they have great happy hour specials including 1/2 price drafts, $6 specialty drinks, and discounted appetizers. At 5pm a singer entertained us pleasant music and great vocals. Mostly an older crowd. The place quickly filled up, however, our server was came around frequently to check on us. Highly recommend stopping in for a drink and a bite for happy hour. All of the food we saw being delivered looked very good, as did the drinks. We had a wonderful time!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

It has been about three years since our last dinner engagement at Harry's Savoy Grill, so my husband and I treated a friend to dinner. She had been on a three-week visit to Asia, and we wanted to hear all the details and enjoy a great meal. We were met and greeted immediately. Our booth was off the beaten path, nice and quiet. Brian, our waiter, came over and introduced himself and took our beverage order. Then he presented the dinner menus, we asked if we could just sit and sip before ordering. He agreed pleasantly. The conversation got started. Brian circled around our table, but never intruded. We signaled when ready, and he answered my husband's query about crab imperial (which was not available) and Brian suggested the crab cakes. My husband took his suggestion, and the two ladies ordered the evening's special -- petite fillets. The dinners arrived in less than ten minutes. The steaks were as ordered: one well done, one medium. My husband was shocked at the size of the two crab cakes. He ate one and had the second one boxed for take-home. The ladies splurged calories on the blueberry cobbler while hubby enjoyed his ice cream sundae. All in all, it was a delightful evening. Delicious food, pleasant ambience and great service. Why did we wait so long to return to Harry's? You can bet we will be back again real soon!