Lone Star Steakhouse
Ranked #295 of 561 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We came here for lunch on a quiet lazy Sunday afternoon. The place was not busy as of yet and the host/hostess was not to be found. It all took about 5 minutes for someone to notice there were paying patrons at the door. I almost wanted to go somewhere else because we were in such a food abundant location. Plenty of choices to wet you appetite. The last time we were at a Lone Star was in Florida and wanted to try it again. So glad we came. The food was well prepared, although slow from the kitchen to table, out server was most kind in giving us plenty of excuses. She was very friendly and warm as a server should be. We leisurely enjoyed our salads, bread and my cup of chili(which was lukewarm but I didn't complain since I was so hungry). I cobbled it up like a child! Our entrees once they finally came was scrumptious. We had the steakhouse burger with bacon, jack cheese and the usual fixings. No french fries since my healthy wife wanted a salad instead. My mother had the garlic sirloin and skewered grilled shrimps. She was happy with here choice and you know "when mom's happy everyone's happy". I choosed the full rack of baby back ribs and boy did I make a good choice. Perhaps they wereslow cooking my ribs because it was tasty like it came out of the smoker. Not the best ribs in my lifetime but I would gladly mangia mangia again tomorrow. We were so stuffed we couldn't partake in any dessert. Perhaps the next time we eat there I will fill you in on the sweet delights. Until next time...Happy Eating and I'll see ya around the table with mom or not in tow...haha

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Last time it was less than impressive and so it still is. With friends for a birthday dinner, service was ok but my expensive rib eye was almost tasteless and looked overcooked as if the chef was in a hurry. For the birthday cake of our own, not a single candle was available to place on the cake. In general, less than satisfactory and I wonder what makes this place so expensive.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We've had some mixed meals here over the years, but it was pleasing to find that the service and food quality was back to how it was in the early 2000's when I first visited.
The only shame is that they no longer do the Texas 'Hot' Wings for an appetiser.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

As a surprise to me, the New Castle DE location went out of business in January 2016. We then went to the location listed in Wilmington DE. The food was good enough, the staff were nice enough, however the place just doesn't have the spark that it used to have... We went at lunch time-they used to have country music playing....silence. The place was practically empty.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

We usually visit this location weekly. We never have to wait for a table, prices are great, food is wonderful, and we never quite understand why they aren't busier. Now that Dover and New Castle locations are closed, we hope we can help keep this place open by return visits and telling friends. Cheap drinks, excellent side veggies, and flavorful steaks and attentive wait staff. You won't go wrong with Lone Star.