“Great Steak”

Lone Star Steakhouse
Ranked #297 of 563 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I had a fantastic experience here. I had the spinach and artichoke dip (I really like their spicy spin on this classic dish), and the sirloin with the wedge salad. The steak was not overly seasoned, and you could taste the natural flavor of the meat (which is a hard thing to find in steakhouses nowadays). It was tender and full of flavor. Even though our meal wasn't extravagant, it was still one of the best we have had in quite a long time. To top it off, their prices are pretty reasonable as well! The waitress was not very attentive, but I would still definitely recommend this place over its competitors.

1  Thank ChamomileAndClover

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Came to Firefly. Looking for some basic good food. The filet and sirloin steak & Cobb salad was cooked to perfection just the way I requested. Not smothered in seasoning just steak with a little salt and pepper.

Don't miss out on their spinach & artichoke dip with the bit of jalapeño, it's the best.

The meal was paced well and service attentive. The manager stopped by to check on our meal. Relaxed environment, reliable quality and decent pricing.

So good we went back a second time. Definitely worth consideration. We will visit next festival.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We ate here tonight and were very pleased. One thing I really liked it that the host pitched in and took our order and brought our drinks to us. You don't see people helping out others at a restaurant very much when the restaurant is busy. I wish I knew his name - short with black curly hair. Anyway, both of our meals were wonderful!! My husband had hamburger steak- the waiter, Chris, asked him to cut into it to make sure it was cooked the way he wanted it - I have never seen that - wow!! I had chicken covered with cheese and barbecue sauce and shredded French fried onions!!!! They also brought us home made rolls while we waited. Our service with Chris was wonderful!! The manager also came by all of the tables to check on everyone.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We came here for lunch on a quiet lazy Sunday afternoon. The place was not busy as of yet and the host/hostess was not to be found. It all took about 5 minutes for someone to notice there were paying patrons at the door. I almost wanted to go somewhere else because we were in such a food abundant location. Plenty of choices to wet you appetite. The last time we were at a Lone Star was in Florida and wanted to try it again. So glad we came. The food was well prepared, although slow from the kitchen to table, out server was most kind in giving us plenty of excuses. She was very friendly and warm as a server should be. We leisurely enjoyed our salads, bread and my cup of chili(which was lukewarm but I didn't complain since I was so hungry). I cobbled it up like a child! Our entrees once they finally came was scrumptious. We had the steakhouse burger with bacon, jack cheese and the usual fixings. No french fries since my healthy wife wanted a salad instead. My mother had the garlic sirloin and skewered grilled shrimps. She was happy with here choice and you know "when mom's happy everyone's happy". I choosed the full rack of baby back ribs and boy did I make a good choice. Perhaps they wereslow cooking my ribs because it was tasty like it came out of the smoker. Not the best ribs in my lifetime but I would gladly mangia mangia again tomorrow. We were so stuffed we couldn't partake in any dessert. Perhaps the next time we eat there I will fill you in on the sweet delights. Until next time...Happy Eating and I'll see ya around the table with mom or not in tow...haha

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Last time it was less than impressive and so it still is. With friends for a birthday dinner, service was ok but my expensive rib eye was almost tasteless and looked overcooked as if the chef was in a hurry. For the birthday cake of our own, not a single candle was available to place on the cake. In general, less than satisfactory and I wonder what makes this place so expensive.