“Excellent food”
Review of Makoto

Makoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Makoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Bal Harbour
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 96th St
Transit: 96th St and Collins Ave
Description: Stephen Starr's newest Japanese restaurant, Makoto is located in the prestigious Bal Harbour Shops. Makoto features a modern Japanese menu including sushi bar selections, modern Japanese dishes, and bincho charcoal robata. A hand-crafted beverage program focused on sake compliments the cuisine. The dining room and sushi bar seating are available by reservation. Outdoor seating is available upon arrival.
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Went to Makoto the first time and had a very good experience. We did have a reservation and could choose if we wanted to sit inside or outside. I like the setting very much and the food was really excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and we enjoyed our dinner.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Always enjoying going to Makoto because the food is really good. I like sitting at the sushi counter to see all the action and get into the flow of the energy of the sushi counter. The sashimi, chirashi and makimono were very nice and even though it was busy the sushi staff knocked it out. I tried the cauliflower from the robata and I was surprised how good it was. We also tried out the fried rice in a stone bowl and enjoyed it. One point, please work on the service training. Great personalities but how to provide service with the guests in mind is not so easy to do. Keep working at it and I'll be back with friends soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Even though it was crowded and we didn't have reservations we were seated after less than 10 minutes. The sushi's were Excellent, but the service was horrible. The waiter spilled soya sauce, on the table He didn't even apologize or anything...but the food was Great.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

I recognize that rudeness is a part of life in South Florida. No where is this more true than at Makoto in the Bal Harbour Shops. I had a reservation but was late due to horrible traffic on I-95. The hostess was so rude and snippy that we left without being seated and went to a neighboring restaurant ( see my review of another restaurant in the Bal Harbour shops) were we had a great meal and were treated wonderfully.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

The sushis were very good, but the service was horrible. The waiter dropped a full bottle of soya sauce, on my boyfriend new suit & shoes. He didn't even apologize or anything...quite rude.