“Guacamole & Chocolate Pinata💋❣️”

Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food
Ranked #127 of 880 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My friends and I are dying to try the chocolate Pinata & guacamole. My one friends ordered brunch & beef enchiladas. Both of them said their food were delicious. Since I don’t eat meat I ordered fish tilapia tacos. The serving is generous & I didn’t finish my food. I don’t really eat spicy food and my food is quite spicy fo me. I wish I told our waiter to eliminate green pepper & other hot stuff. On the other hand our guacamole is very yummy & it’s a huge serving. We all like it & lick the serving bowl. Our waiter, Tom is one of kind & very accommodating since it was our first time. He made sure we are comfortable & have a great time. Also Chris prepares our guacamole in front of us. He ask us what we want & what we don’t want. Lastly the chocolate Pinata is the best. It’s a huge ball of chocolate with churros, strawberries, black berries & pineapple inside. It’s very cool to cracked open the chocolate Pinata by using a round stick. The chocolate piñata cost $25 and it’s good for 5 to 6 people. Here are the prices for our food. My fish tilapia tacos is $15.99 & brunch is a decent price, while enchiladas starts from $9.99 without meat. Lastly, when you happen to try Uncle Julio, the fine Mexican Food, ask for Tom, he’s the man

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We had never been to an Uncle Julio ‘s before but have had countless Tex-Mex experiences. This place was an average fare for Tex-Mex but for the spice level: bland. The joy of eating Tex-Mex is encountering good flavor, the spice of a bite of jalapeño or cilantro or a good onion or garlic flavor but that was definitely missing. It was otherwise just what you would expect.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Having had excellent reviews from friends I was truly expecting more.

The guacamole was made fresh at the table and while tasty we asked for medium spicy and unfortunately it was bland, The main courses were OK but lacking spice and pizzazz. The service was spotty despite the restaurant being less than a quarter full

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This place has a great ambience. Good place for friends and family. Tried their Combination Enchiladas (cheese, beef & chicken) and it was so so good! For the vegetarians there, their vegetarian quesadilla is so good too. Definitely a must try!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Went here with some friends on our way to the airport.
The complimentary chips are thin, crispy and not too salty - fantastic, easy to eat the whole bowl but don't! Ha ha
We ordered fish tacos which were very good but you get three with rice and beans. It was way too much for us - we probably could have share 2 plates since we couldn't take the leftovers.
They have a tortilla machine you can see the tortillas being made and cooked - that's quite interesting.