“Best French Restaurant in Boca Raton”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Ranked #48 of 921 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Went to Le Rivage again last Thursday night with another couple. Located in a strip mall on 20th street just off Federal Hwy. Interior decor is nice like a French restaurant should be. The food was excellent as it has always been. The $36.00 complete dinner is the way to go. The escargot was great as usual. All the dishes we had for a main course were well done, and I loved the cherry sauce with the duck. Bronzini in their special sauce was excellent. French cheese cake and cream brule also excellent. Nice wine list, both by the glass and bottles.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

One of two restaurants I've rated 5 Stars in Boca. Truly Michelin quality approaching a level just below Le Bernadin or Lutece. Paul is an excellent chef.

Located in an otherwise undistinguished strip mall, the restaurant has a pretty garden feel - compromised by an aged, dingy acoustic tile dropped ceiling.

The service was excellent: highlighted by a charming, older women with a marvelous french accent and cheery personality.

The roasted duck was crispy, flavorful and delicious by itself with a fabulous cherry dipping sauce served on the side. So nice that it was not encased in an unctuous, cloying orange glaze.

The veal medallions with mushrooms - a rich earthy taste that made it heavenly.

The chocolate Mousse - light & fluffy perfect - it sure didn't taste like Jello pudding

Cold Vichyssoise - refreshing with the perfect hint of bacon.

And the prices were reasonable - especially on the prix free menu;

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Family of 4 dined at Le Rivage and ordered a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Everything was cooked to perfection and portioned nicely. We ordered French onion soup, goat cheese crepe and escargot appetizers. Soup needed more seasoning but was not bad, just a bit bland. Other apps were very good and bread served was also excellent. Entrees were NY strip au poive, Salmon, half duck with cherry sauce and duck breast. All were very good and steak was a perfect med rare. Desserts were creme brulee, chocolate mousse, chocolate delice and warm apple torte. Again all was excellent.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I traveled far yesterday to celebrate my best friend’s birthday. We tried a new French restaurant who had an early bird special at 5pm so I could start the trip home early. Arriving at 5pm we were the first customers. We were offered the worst table in the corner. When we received the early bird menu and asked questions the waiter cut me off and said I was only allowed 7 questions and had my limit. Laughing I asked another. Was cut off and told again no more questions. My friend kept her sense of humor. The lobster bisque was good, but the flounder wasn’t fresh and was not eatable. We didn’t let the waiter ruin our special day but the meal was ruined for me. When the bill came I left a 5% tip! The head waiter noticed this and asked if anything was wrong. We both just said we had a very rude unpleasant waiter. Also a very Average meal. Never again. No bargain here and also very unpleasant.

1  Thank funextraordinaire
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We went for the Early Bird Special at 5, and the restaurant filled quickly. The menu had enough choices to please all of us. House salad was very fresh and very lightly dressed with a balsamic dressing. Lentil soup and French Onion soup were hits as well. The lamb shank and the Chicken Forestiere were very good as were the chicken crepes. Portions were ample and we ended up taking home one cheesecake dessert. Other desserts were sorbets (excellent) Floating Island and Delice au Chocolat--all deemed very good. Our only complaint is that the tables are small and very close together.