“A little piece of Italy in Florida”
Review of La Ferme

La Ferme
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ferme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 921 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$40 - US$70
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Ferme is a modern French bistro in West Boca. The restaurant offers modern, locally sourced food, with an emphasis on the flavors of the Mediterranean in an elegant yet comfortable setting. The cuisine showcases classic comfort favorites as well as modern interpretations of a bistro menu, with all the usual French fare suspects. Signature dishes include foie gras terrine, moules frites, and escargots. An oven-roasted branzino, roasted duck breast, and rack of lamb are highlights off the larger-plate selections. La Ferme also features an extensive wine list, with a focus on boutique vineyards; beers from local and international microbreweries; and a craft cocktail list.
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I stumbled across this little piece of Italy on new years eve, and it was all by mistake but I'm very happy to have found this place. The environment is cozy, welcoming yet romantic. The service is great the owners come around and check on you and the staff is on point. They have live music... It's kind of a one stop shop lol... but I love it, love the food I will definitely recommend this place. Be aware of the price!!!!! Wow!! It's a little pricey but I think it's worth it.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I just had an extremely disappointing new year's Eve dinner at la ferme with close friends.  The halibut was extremely dry, and my friend and my wife returned it; as it was completely inedible.  His wife got the filet, and it was served well done instead of medium rare.  So three out of the four meals went back.

The waiter also got one of our drinks wrong a couple of times.  Not surprising, because he didn't write anything down and came back to the table at least four times for us to repeat our orders, because he couldn't remember them.

This meal cost about $550.  That is an outrageous sum given the poor service and inedible food.

It also took 15 minutes to seat us even though we had reservations and the dining room was half empty. The guy taking out name asked us five times for our name, and never took note of it, so maybe we should have seen the horrible night coming.

1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed 28 December 2016

The challenge: Christmas eve day, change of plans and I was tasked with finding a restaurant for a holiday dinner with my mother and a friend. Open table pickings were slim and La Ferma had a table at 6:30. A bit early but my mom is in her late 70s so going with the demographic, the time was fine enough :) I wasn't expecting much from a restaurant with open table on Christmas eve. Boy, was I wrong.

The atmosphere: Once you get past the strip mall exterior (seems that's a thing in Florida), you can expect a delightful and delicious experience. We were greeted by the owner (I think) host and he was a pure delight. He sat us at in the bar area while engaging us in friendly, funny but no overbearing conversation. Normally I would have preferred the dining room (it was also lovely and bit more formal) but the bar was not crowded, the room was beautifully appointed and the round booth was comfortable and luxe. Who ever decorated this place, knew exactly they were doing.

A cheeky bit of decor; a large sign that states "who cares?" adds a bit of whimsy but is exactly the opposite of the experience La Ferme serves up. From the front of the house to the back, they seem to care very much and it was reflected in every aspect of our experience.

The Service: Once sat, we were immediately greeted and asked for our drink orders. While waiting on our drinks our waiter quickly came over to explain the specials and give some recommendations (when asked). He clearly knew his menu and was professional, courteous and thorough. His mouth watering description of the Sea Bass special has me hooked and his suggestions to split a seafood pastry to start was right on the money.

The food: We ordered seafood 'stuffed' pastry to split to start. For entrees; I ordered the Sea Bass, my Mom ordered her regular roasted chicken and our friend, the scallops. The pastry starter was divine. Lobster and crab perfectly cooked in a silky white sauce served in a light an d fluffy pastry 'bowl'. Onto the main the course...the star . My Sea Bass was prepared perfectly. Perfectly crispy skin and light flakey meat served over spaghetti squash in a delightful light cream sauce. To die for! The best fish meal I have had all year. I tasted both of the other dishes and they , too, were perfection. Everyone reported that this was one of the best meals we'd had in quite some time (and we all eat out a lot) .

The check: With a few drinks, the entire meal was slightly more than $200. I would have paid double :)

Bravo (!) La Ferme. Thank you for a fantastic dining experience and for making our last minute Christmas eve one to remember.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We fell upon this restaurant whilst getting Brendy's frozen yogurt one evening in Boca, in a strip mall with Doris food Market and Nailize as neighbors! Not a place you would think you would find tucked away.

It was excellent. I live in the South of France since 16 years and was visiting family. We decided to try it a couple of days later.

The grilled octopus was excellent as was the Foie Gras Terrine, the Moules Mariniere were also perfectly done. For mains we choseBouillabaisse, Sea Scallops and Rack of Lamb all of which were sumptuous. The dessert of course the Lemon meringue and creme rule to share between 3 of us. I liked the wine list as well. Very varied and not just French wines but an international list. Great address. I recommend!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

We had dinner at La Ferme on two separate occasions. During our first evening there, a singer performed wonderfully and we enjoyed the music and had an opportunity to dance, a welcome treat in Southern Florida. A dinner choice of scallops was very good as were the mussels. The wait staff was professional and attentive. We are looking forward to our next evening at La Ferme.