“Pretty Good”

Residence Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 23 February 2017

The check-in process was great (I cant remember her name but a nice middle aged woman). She provided me with the relevant details and we chatted for a bit. Room was clean and even-though situated right across from the main building - quiet. Breakfast was the standard continental and that worked fine for us. If I'm in Boca again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
janiceauretta, Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Kayliekay,

We very much appreciate your great comments about our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass this along to our team. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Boca Raton.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Boca Raton

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The check in experience was very good - efficient and friendly staff. The rooms are nice though dated - this is obviously more of a vacation property than a business property. My room was on the ground floor (despite my profile request) but near the lake. The room set up was odd - not able to see the TV from the bed.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
janiceauretta, Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear 50Cal2015,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about our efficient and friendly staff at check in. Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had with your TV, as all of our TV's have a swivel base so our guests can watch TV from the bed. We will bring your comments up at our staff meeting to ensure this was an isolated event. Glad you enjoyed our lake view.

We hope when travel brings you back to the Boca Raton area you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We have been enjoying our stay here all week and without a doubt would rate this facility, the best in its class at which we have stayed.
Originally we had booked five nights but arrived two days early. Although our room wasn’t ready when we arrived, we did get in and were assigned a street level unit rather than an upper level. Parking is within feet of your unit. The units were a big surprise with the amenities for a long term stay (dishes, cookware, full fridge, stove, dishwasher). The king bed was very comfortable. There is even a fireplace. The swimming pool area is clean and well maintained and just off the front lobby area. There is one computer with printer available as well. We found the facility wifi connection great. We had read in other reviews about the noise from the I95 traffic. While it is real close to the I95 at Exit 50, we did not find that a big negative. The location is in a business park and not real conducive to a daily walk if you are a week long guest.

The morning breakfast is very generous and first rate quality. Fresh fruit, waffles, boiled and scrambled eggs, a sausage or bacon selection, biscuits, oatmeal, breads and great tea, coffee and even flavourings are on the buffet from 6:30-9:30 am. On the first three evenings at 6pm there was Mix&Mingle in the lobby area with a selection of appetizers. One evening they had a Chinese sampler plate offered. On Valentines night, we even had a few chocolate treats left in our room.

However, as nice as the unit is, what really shines is the staff. This facility is not shy on the number of staff and everyone one of them serve with personality and a great attitude. There are too many to mention (Kristen, Joanne, Veronica, Nilson and everyone else). Over the full week, we have met many of them and want to say a big thank you for making our pre-cruise, week long stay very pleasant! We have no hesitation in giving this facility 5 stars.

Room Tip: Each room has it pluses - close to pool and lobby, upper verses lower units are considerations
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
janiceauretta, Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear JDavidHalifax,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are known for our spacious and comfortable rooms. Glad you got to enjoy the hotel with all its amenities and delicious breakfast buffet and evening Mixer. I will be sure to mention your nice comments to our staff!! Hope you had a nice time on your cruise and look forward to another pre-cruise stay with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is fine for the value but it's clear to me that management does not check the rooms as if they would, there's no way they'd let anyone stay in the room I was in. The room smelled musty and was unpleasant each time I came into the room. Also the couch was worn and kind of embarrassing. If I were manager I'd update some of the furniture.
Lastly it was clear that when the room was serviced it was not especially well done leading me to question how well it's cleaned between guests.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
janiceauretta, Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Jonathan F, We certainly appreciate your feedback on our hotel. We strive for excellence and apparently fell short of achieving this during your stay with us. We do hope you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Boca Raton Residence Inn from Jan 4 to Jan 17, and used it as a very central jumping off point for the entire area from Hallandale to Boynton Beach.

The staff there were the biggest plus. It seemed they couldn't do enough for us as far as extending the free breakfast time to extra towels, band aids, baby powder etc.

This location also has a free light dinner Mon-Wed every week. Mondays are catered by a local restaurant, and Wednesdays are off the Residence Inn's barbecue.

It is right at the I95 Exit for Congress Ave so easy to get to the beaches as well as North and South.

I wasn't happy with the Mattress firmness and the front desk arranged for me to get a new mattress. That never happened to me before.

Room Tip: This is a Residence Inn so every room has a full kitchen and a limited view since most rooms are on...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
janiceauretta, Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you marvpollock for the wonderful review. Glad you have a fun time visiting places in the area and a great stay here at the hotel. Our staff will appreciate your great comments about them and I will be sure to pass that along.

Looking forward to seeing you back in Boca Raton soon.