“Nice Place to Eat”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to grab a bite. We sat outside and our waiter was attentive and patient. The only reason I couldn't rate it higher was because burgers we ordered came out wrong. Sent them back without an issue. Otherwise good food with a lot of Irish classics to chose from!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Likely a true Irishman walking into a USA version of "authentic Irish" would be amused at the attempt, but this place is as good as a local place can do it. A real effort is made to give it Irish flair with the decor and the special events they run, especially around St Patrick's Day when they go all out to be"Irish"!.A lot of comfort food here with a wide range of choice for both sandwiches and entrees. A good number of Irish beers and ales on tap(18). Daily specials at dinner with good $ off discounts on Saturdays (steak night ) and Fish Fry Fridays (featuring fresh local seafood) as well as different specials other days of the week. Service is good and the helpings are generous. There are quite a few regulars which speaks to its appeal. That all said, this is not gourmet but the prices reflect that. A good place to go with a group or the family. So my rating is high for value and a bit lower for some other attributes. Still four stars for the total package.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We had a late lunch here this weekend. They were serving both breakfast and lunch, and the place was crowded. We were seated fairly quickly, but every table seemed to be full.

I ordered an open-faced pot roast sandwich, served with mashed potatoes. The meat was tender, but bland -- lacking seasoning that might make it stand out in any way. The mashed potatoes were similarly lacking in flavor. Even though fluffy and smooth, they tasted only like potatoes -- no butter, garlic, anything.

My wife had eggs and pancakes. Nothing special there, either, although they were competently prepared.

The server was very nice, although our meal took quite a while because of the crowd.

No reason to avoid this place, but no reason to return either.

Ho hum.

2  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We ate here while visiting Ft. Myers. My husband had the chicken, and I had the beef shepherd's pie. It was the best Irish food I've had in years. Very friendly, and they have live entertainment outside. It gets very crowded on weekends, so go early!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stopped for lunch with my sister-in-law and enjoyed a nice lunch on the patio. I had the daily special of stuffed peppers. Serviing was large and filling with good flavor in the sauce. Nice place - always enjoy a comfortable patio to enjoy the nice weather. The wait staff was good and took the time to answer questions about the menu and were happy to make suggestions when asked.

3  Thank Peggy P