“1st visit from locals for husband's belated birthday”

Angelina's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelina's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Across From The Ship
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We have lived in the area for 14 years, always drove past Angelina's and always said we should go there, but for some reason never did! Well, that night in December 2017 we finally did and we cannot wait to go back. From first stepping out of the car to being greeted by the valet, it was a good start. We were placed in the "red room" (we passed romantic looking booths that were hidden by curtains in a different room and next time I hope we sit there). Our waiter was Dan (by the end of the night he told us a nickname to remember him was "Dan-the-Man" lol). He was very personable, professional, efficient, and friendly. We wanted for NOTHING. Our wine glasses were never emptied throughout the night, nor our water. So far, service was A+. At first we were looking at the wine menu, but with their extensive list of wines from throughout the world...we were in over our head. He went to get us the wine professional. She asked our budget, I told her I usually like red blends because they're a mix, and she brought three bottles out that we might like. She described each one, gave her recommendation on which one she thought matched my tastes- and no, it wasn't the most expensive one, so I chose that one. It was exactly how I liked my red wine- not too sweet, but not dry and bitter- it was a red blend from the United States called "Scouts Honor". A+ on the wine. Then onto the food. We had two appetizers: the Arancini: which has Porcini Mushroom, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Mascarpone Cheese, Porcini Mushroom Sauce, and the *Beef Carpaccio, which comes underneath a nice little salad with shaved cheese on top. Both were delicious. A+ on apps. I had the Tomato Caprese salad. The mozzarella on it is "hand-pulled" in the back, and it was the creamiest mozzarella I ever had. I couldn't finish that salad but I sure did finish all of the cheese pieces! A+. Because it is Italian tradition to have the pasta before the entree, We also split the smaller portion of the Butternut Squash Ravioli. YOU HAVE TO TRY THAT. IT IS A MUST. I swear I thought I was eating dessert. It was so delicious. A++++++++ Onto the entrees. I got the *Scallops & Pork Belly. There are three large scallops with two pieces of pork belly, which I never had, served on top of mash potatoes with green beans. All were delicious- potatoes just like homemade, and by this time I could only eat one scallop and half of one pork belly :) A++. Hubby got the special which is not on the menu- it was a Shank of Lamb which came on top of polenta, and which was so tender that he literally took all of the meat off of the bone. He finished his entire dish so I guess that was an A+ too. Onto the desserts. I ordered the tiramisu and he received a small complimentary (for his BD) Dark Chocolate Cake, with Dark Chocolate Ganache & Raspberry Center. Both were delciious, I highly enjoyed the Tiramisu and it was so light, and the chocolate cake was very rich. Then Dan comes out with a choice of two after dinner sippers, complimentary. One was Lemoncello and one was something called Moletti. We've had Lemoncello before, so we ordered the Moletti. Once I sipped it, I knew I was not going to like it. I didn't- lolol. It is so bitter, I honestly hated it and my hubby who drinks everything didn't like it either- but it is something complimentary to help you digest and it was our choice to take it. Then at the end, the valet remember our name, greeted us by name, and had our car back within 2 seconds, so it was still a terrific night from start to finish. My 22 year old son, who is back from the army, was jealous and will be finishing my dinner of scallops, so now we have to go back to take him. Have to wait a little while to save some money because when you go to this kind of restaurant, you do not want to skimp due to prices. It is a little pricey, but not ridiculous so. Right in line with other higher end establishments, and less than some others. I honestly cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank FunHaHa
Ang S, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The staff of Angelina’s truly appreciates your review. It is always nice when server is acknowledged by name because they want every guest to leave happy.
We would also like to thank your son for his service.
You truly understand every step of service that Angelina’s does to make every visit feel special. You chronicled your visit so well.
Perhaps you may wish to visit our website and look at our happy hour menu? It is not a full menu but you may be able to visit us more often.
We wish you and yours a wonderful week.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

3 couples for dinner with all getting different dishes. Food was very good but not excellent. Good bar scene. Definetely a dress-up restaurant. Very good wine choices.

Ang S, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

We are happy you liked the bar scene and the wine choices and that you trout the meals were very good.. It was nice of you to take time to wrote a review and we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This was our first visit to Angelina's and we so enjoyed our evening! From the bottle of wine that our server, Sarah, recommended to the pasta dishes that were delicious to the the fried dough that we dipped in raspberry and chocolate, it was a fantastic night out!! Sarah was an attentive and great server and we very much enjoyed our dinner!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. All our servers care about our guests and it’s nice to see them acknowledged by name. I’m sure you made Sarah happy she had the privilege of serving you.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is a little dressier than some restaurant. It is also pricey. It was good food and service. The menu had many choices from pasta dishes, fish and meats. The deserts are to die for. Beignets are wonderful with the chocolate and raspberry sauce!

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your meal. We make our pasta in house as well as our own motzerella.and choose to buy from local farms.
This does not come without a price, but we hope you will agree you can taste the freshness and the difference.
We are happy you liked our desserts and hope to will visit us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Everything was wonderful - the greeting by the valet and hostess, knowledgeable server (Paula!) with excellent wine suggestions, and the food was one of the best meals we’ve ever eaten (Veal Marsala and Black Grouper). We spoke with the general manager,Dennis, to compliment Paula and the staff and he supportive of the entire staff and shared other events the restaurant is hosting - wine dinners, they have over 600 varieties in their cellar! Additionally, the 5 dining rooms are all different with lovely decor and a pianist in the bar. We made a reservation to come back before we left!

1  Thank Linda C
Ang S, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. It is our passion to have every guest leave happy. Its very kind of you to mention Paula by name, we appreciate that and she does as well. It seems that we will​ see you soon, we hope that you enjoy our weather and SWF hospitality as long as you are in the area.