“A barbecue chain that ain't "Sonny's" & that's a very good thing.”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shane's Rib Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 August 2012

#Bocaraton Never heard of this chain prior to exiting on Glades road in Boca.

Pleasantly surprised. My wife and son truly enjoyed their Beef Briscuit, and I did well ordering several vegetarian, albeit massively carb heavy sides.

Staff was very friendly and the restaurant was clean. Pricing was O.K. but not horrific.

In the end, if I see one of these places again and my family feels like Barbecue we'll definitely stop in.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Two years ago, we were regulars at this Shane's, going once a week because the food was so good: it honestly was some of the best BBQ we had ever had. The food was aways hot, the manager was so nice (haven't seen her in awhile ...) and the place was clean.

Since then, everything has gradually plummeted. We have had several instances where the food was not cooked and had to send it back (pork, too, which is extremely dangerous), including one occasion where we said it was cold and they gave it back to us cold. We vowed never to go back after that experience a few months ago. But we foolishly tried to give it one more shot this week.

We walked in at lunchtime on a Saturday and there were maybe four other people in there. We knew we were in trouble when the girl taking our order said, "today, you get a free combo with any order" (a sign that they're dying for business or that something has gone amiss in the kitchen since they never offer anything free) The place was dark and dirty. The floor throughout the restaurant was sticky, as were the tables. We got our food, and of course it was subpar - cold stale rolls for the sandwiches, fries that seemingly were cooked then left for days and were cold, baked beans that were lukewarm.

We felt gross being in there. We didn't dare venture into the bathroom, which had a yellow sign on the floor propped out in front of it.

The real sin is that the owner was there. She owns at least two of the Shanes - the one in Royal Palm is no picnic either, where we've also had to send back multiple items because they've been cold (the manager there talked us out of getting the chicken because she said it's never good. "Just get the pork").

The owner approached our table and asked if everything was OK. I wanted to scream and complain, but what's the point. We've voiced our opinion so many times, why would it matter now? Plus, if no one is in your restaurant that used to be teeming and your floors are sticky and people are sending back food, don't you get it? At least taste the darn food, and then you'll see how bad it is.

We left and vowed never to go back. This time, we mean it.

The place ought to be renamed Shame's. It's amazing how in a couple of years, such a good thing could turn into a health-inspector-waiting-to-happen pit. The owner who runs the business and the people who work there ought to be ashamed. It's time to shut the place down before anyone gets sick.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Boy you get a lot of food! The ribs were great! We arrived during a busy time and our server came out to apoligize for the extra wait. It really wasn't a very long wait and the food arrived hot and delicious! The staff was very friendly and smiled at you as they talked to you! The eye contact and easy conversation made this a nice meal out! Yup, the food was good but there are lots of BBQ places.... I think the staff service and friendliness made the difference!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Needed a lot of barbeque sauce for this meat it was so dry like it was cooking for days and the price was to cheap stay away for this place unless you like dried out meats

Reviewed 25 September 2011

was bad experience for me getting food to good to go. I couldn't believe what I saw back in kitchen. The maneger right goes uses it soap and rag and cleans with it his bare hands and then he takes the money from customers and goes back to the kitchen prepares my food to go with his bare hands WITHOUT GLOVES!!!! I wouldn't want eat it if someone works at resturant/fast food that don't wear gloves for prep food. Would you people? Don't go to this place in Boynton if you don't want your food to get prep without someone wearing gloves. Take it from me. Trust me I saw it in my own eyes touching the bread without gloves! The Manager???? they got be kidding me!!!!