“Awesome Ribs and Chicken Fingers”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shane's Rib Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am a big guy and I usually finish my meals but I was stuffed and couldn't finish the chicken fingers I had 6. They are super meaty and the sauces here are great too!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had heard good things about Shane's so decided to give it try. Should have been tipped off by only 2 tables occupied at diner hour. Never had barbequed ribs with absolutely no barbeque sauce. Meat was tough and dry. Not even close to "falling off the bones". Extra sauce on the side was watery and sour - I prefer sweet. Mac and cheese was a mush although flavorful. Beans were great. Texas toast was a piece of bread toasted on one side with no spices or cheese. Peach cobbler was absolutely disgusting - unedible. Pass on this one - even Smokey Bones beats this one, by a long shot.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I tried this place out once and will never go back again. The food was not fresh and the meat was dried out. I rarely eat BBQ but my boyfriend loves it. This ruined it for me.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

#Bocaraton Never heard of this chain prior to exiting on Glades road in Boca.

Pleasantly surprised. My wife and son truly enjoyed their Beef Briscuit, and I did well ordering several vegetarian, albeit massively carb heavy sides.

Staff was very friendly and the restaurant was clean. Pricing was O.K. but not horrific.

In the end, if I see one of these places again and my family feels like Barbecue we'll definitely stop in.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Two years ago, we were regulars at this Shane's, going once a week because the food was so good: it honestly was some of the best BBQ we had ever had. The food was aways hot, the manager was so nice (haven't seen her in awhile ...) and the place was clean.

Since then, everything has gradually plummeted. We have had several instances where the food was not cooked and had to send it back (pork, too, which is extremely dangerous), including one occasion where we said it was cold and they gave it back to us cold. We vowed never to go back after that experience a few months ago. But we foolishly tried to give it one more shot this week.

We walked in at lunchtime on a Saturday and there were maybe four other people in there. We knew we were in trouble when the girl taking our order said, "today, you get a free combo with any order" (a sign that they're dying for business or that something has gone amiss in the kitchen since they never offer anything free) The place was dark and dirty. The floor throughout the restaurant was sticky, as were the tables. We got our food, and of course it was subpar - cold stale rolls for the sandwiches, fries that seemingly were cooked then left for days and were cold, baked beans that were lukewarm.

We felt gross being in there. We didn't dare venture into the bathroom, which had a yellow sign on the floor propped out in front of it.

The real sin is that the owner was there. She owns at least two of the Shanes - the one in Royal Palm is no picnic either, where we've also had to send back multiple items because they've been cold (the manager there talked us out of getting the chicken because she said it's never good. "Just get the pork").

The owner approached our table and asked if everything was OK. I wanted to scream and complain, but what's the point. We've voiced our opinion so many times, why would it matter now? Plus, if no one is in your restaurant that used to be teeming and your floors are sticky and people are sending back food, don't you get it? At least taste the darn food, and then you'll see how bad it is.

We left and vowed never to go back. This time, we mean it.

The place ought to be renamed Shame's. It's amazing how in a couple of years, such a good thing could turn into a health-inspector-waiting-to-happen pit. The owner who runs the business and the people who work there ought to be ashamed. It's time to shut the place down before anyone gets sick.