“Average at best, most dishes not even that”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shane's Rib Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We (4 adults, 3 teens) had intended to eat at Jason's Deli (down the road) prior to leaving town by air. Unfortunately, because it was New Years Day, Jason's was closed. We decided to give Shane's a try, because all of us like barbeque. Bad choice.

We had a variety of dishes, but no one enjoyed any of them. (Fries were all right, though.) It was a shame to throw out such a volume of food, but no one would have eaten it. It wasn't inedible - you just didn't feel like eating any more after you were no longer hungry.

I was very disappointed. Although it wasn't particularly expensive, I felt we really wasted what we spent.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am a big guy and I usually finish my meals but I was stuffed and couldn't finish the chicken fingers I had 6. They are super meaty and the sauces here are great too!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had heard good things about Shane's so decided to give it try. Should have been tipped off by only 2 tables occupied at diner hour. Never had barbequed ribs with absolutely no barbeque sauce. Meat was tough and dry. Not even close to "falling off the bones". Extra sauce on the side was watery and sour - I prefer sweet. Mac and cheese was a mush although flavorful. Beans were great. Texas toast was a piece of bread toasted on one side with no spices or cheese. Peach cobbler was absolutely disgusting - unedible. Pass on this one - even Smokey Bones beats this one, by a long shot.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I tried this place out once and will never go back again. The food was not fresh and the meat was dried out. I rarely eat BBQ but my boyfriend loves it. This ruined it for me.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

#Bocaraton Never heard of this chain prior to exiting on Glades road in Boca.

Pleasantly surprised. My wife and son truly enjoyed their Beef Briscuit, and I did well ordering several vegetarian, albeit massively carb heavy sides.

Staff was very friendly and the restaurant was clean. Pricing was O.K. but not horrific.

In the end, if I see one of these places again and my family feels like Barbecue we'll definitely stop in.