“Just OK”

Shane's Rib Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The food here is very average. I feel like I have had this a million times at every average rib shack and BBQ place and I HATE the way they pack your to-go food. They just slap some pulled pork onto a piece of paper and it honestly looks like dog food when you open it to eat it. PRESENTATION PEOPLE!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We (4 adults, 3 teens) had intended to eat at Jason's Deli (down the road) prior to leaving town by air. Unfortunately, because it was New Years Day, Jason's was closed. We decided to give Shane's a try, because all of us like barbeque. Bad choice.

We had a variety of dishes, but no one enjoyed any of them. (Fries were all right, though.) It was a shame to throw out such a volume of food, but no one would have eaten it. It wasn't inedible - you just didn't feel like eating any more after you were no longer hungry.

I was very disappointed. Although it wasn't particularly expensive, I felt we really wasted what we spent.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am a big guy and I usually finish my meals but I was stuffed and couldn't finish the chicken fingers I had 6. They are super meaty and the sauces here are great too!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had heard good things about Shane's so decided to give it try. Should have been tipped off by only 2 tables occupied at diner hour. Never had barbequed ribs with absolutely no barbeque sauce. Meat was tough and dry. Not even close to "falling off the bones". Extra sauce on the side was watery and sour - I prefer sweet. Mac and cheese was a mush although flavorful. Beans were great. Texas toast was a piece of bread toasted on one side with no spices or cheese. Peach cobbler was absolutely disgusting - unedible. Pass on this one - even Smokey Bones beats this one, by a long shot.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I tried this place out once and will never go back again. The food was not fresh and the meat was dried out. I rarely eat BBQ but my boyfriend loves it. This ruined it for me.