We needed a place to stay the night before we were leaving on a Caribbean cruise, and we picked this hotel based on generally positive reviews and also the convenient location near the Port Canaveral cruise ship terminals.
The hotel is pretty much as advertised. A clean, comfortable, convenient 3-star hotel. We had a one bedroom suite room which came with a kitchenette. Everything was tidy, fairly new looking fittings and finishings, and comprehensively outfitted. Free wi-fi was also included. The only minor quibble was the standard motel style layout of the bathroom, with a separate bath/toilet area and sink/vanity area (just personal preference). The room also came with free breakfast in the communal breakfast room (cereals, waffles, eggs/bacon, etc), and the food was standard motel fare (nice to be included but don't expect a gourmet meal).
Some other considerations to factor in before booking.This is definitely a family oriented hotel, so if you're expecting a quiet relaxing time, this isn't the hotel for you. The location is definitely handy if you're cruising before/after this stay, and the hotel has a shuttle (about $4/person if I remember). There is also a Hertz rental location on the side of the hotel, which was handy for us since we had rented a car from them (tip, you can park free in the Hertz lot, and the Hertz shuttle to the cruise ship is also free). In terms of food and amenities around this hotel, there is very little in the way of restaurants or anything else there. You will have to drive if you want to eat or buy anything.
Overall, we'd recommend this hotel. It was a bit on the pricey side for what it was, so best to shop for a good deal before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral is your home away from home. Residence Inn is the closest all suite hotel to Kennedy Space Center and one of the closest hotels to Port Canaveral. Our Key West style hotel offers a wide variety of amenities that cater to the leisure and business guest. Guests can visit our many local attractions, including world famous Cocoa Beach, the Brevard Zoo, KSC Visitors Center & shopping at Cocoa Village. Port Canaveral is less than 1 mile away. NASA, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin are a few of the companies that are located a few miles from our front door. All of our guest can enjoy spacious suites that are 50% larger than traditional hotel rooms. All suites include separate living, eating and sleeping areas. Our daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day. Our evening social experience featuring hors d'ouerves, beer and wine, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays with exception of major holidays.This is a great way to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Marriott, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Residence Inn