“Convenient Pre-Cruise Stay”

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 April 2015

We needed a place to stay the night before we were leaving on a Caribbean cruise, and we picked this hotel based on generally positive reviews and also the convenient location near the Port Canaveral cruise ship terminals.

The hotel is pretty much as advertised. A clean, comfortable, convenient 3-star hotel. We had a one bedroom suite room which came with a kitchenette. Everything was tidy, fairly new looking fittings and finishings, and comprehensively outfitted. Free wi-fi was also included. The only minor quibble was the standard motel style layout of the bathroom, with a separate bath/toilet area and sink/vanity area (just personal preference). The room also came with free breakfast in the communal breakfast room (cereals, waffles, eggs/bacon, etc), and the food was standard motel fare (nice to be included but don't expect a gourmet meal).

Some other considerations to factor in before booking.This is definitely a family oriented hotel, so if you're expecting a quiet relaxing time, this isn't the hotel for you. The location is definitely handy if you're cruising before/after this stay, and the hotel has a shuttle (about $4/person if I remember). There is also a Hertz rental location on the side of the hotel, which was handy for us since we had rented a car from them (tip, you can park free in the Hertz lot, and the Hertz shuttle to the cruise ship is also free). In terms of food and amenities around this hotel, there is very little in the way of restaurants or anything else there. You will have to drive if you want to eat or buy anything.

Overall, we'd recommend this hotel. It was a bit on the pricey side for what it was, so best to shop for a good deal before booking.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VeteranWorldTravellr

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Our family arrived on Friday, April 10 for a one night pre-cruise stay...found the desk attendant very helpful and courteous! Our reservations were in place and our request for two - 2 bdrm suites to be next to each other was done without a hitch.The rooms were clean and hotel well maintained. The pool area and fire pit were also enjoyed before turning in for the night. The breakfast was ample with choices for all ages. We will definately stay again when cruising out of Port Canaveral. Thank you hotel staff for a great stay!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank pjt3
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience; please think of the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral for future needs.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We stayed here for one night.in mid-April 2015 and found it to be a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay. Much nicer than being down on the beach end of town. I was not aware that there was a $6.00 per night parking charge for our car until we checked out, although it is stated at the very bottom of the confirmation we received...just not at the desk, or when making reservations, or when you check in. Just a 'heads up' if you are planning on spending any length of time there.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

The room was clean and nice. The one thing is there is a 6 dollar parking fee. 200 bucks a night and no free parking seem crazy but I guess they charge it because they can. Breakfast buffet was good too.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2015

The person at checkin said that although I had requested a room with 2 beds, I was not entitled to this because I was using points. I told her that I have used points in the past and I was able to get a room with 2 beds at many locations. Plus, as an executive platinum, I am normally upgraded. The only reason this is an issue is because I was traveling with my wife and 2 kids unlike 99% of my travel throughout the year. The woman was very unhelpful and treated me like a step hold because I was using points. Her answer was always "we have our own policies and we don't offer rooms with 2 beds to people using award points".

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank NicaMexi
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a complimentary upgrade. The hotel on many nights is completely sold out and there are no upgrades available. I am very sorry that the check in experience was dissatisfying due to the communication you received on this issue. I apologize and will strive to improve the communication and guest experience in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
3.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
5.4 km away
Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral

Been to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!