1,729 results
All reviews nauti mermaid full kitchen bedroom suite anna marie marker restaurant stainless steel appliances free water taxi water taxi to fort myers beach walk in closet outdoor bar main pool washer and dryer nature preserve overlooking the water beautiful property screened balcony parking garage
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This was the second time we stayed at the Westin Cape Coral Resort. We had the king suite and totally enjoyed the space and freedom that the suite allows us. The pool was relaxing and unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy the boat ride to Fort Myers Beach. The restaurants are nice with great food.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Paula B,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our resort. It’s pleasing to hear your enjoyment of spacious room accommodations and resort amenities. I am regretful to learn you were not able to experience the water taxi to Fort Myers Beach, but there is always next time. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a warning! I called Westin Cape Coral to ask a question about the property and when the manager asked where I booked my room, I told them it was with third party on Trip Adviser. He told me that they are not guaranteeing stays when booked through a third party. He said that if they are getting completely booked, ie: Spring Break, direct rates will replace those that booked through a third party. He then forwarded my call to their SPG booking agency. I immediately canceled through the third party. It may be scare tactic, but I can't afford to get there and not have a place to stay. I am an SPG/Marriott member, but my vacation spot isn't available for a couple days. Needed a place to stay and thought it might be worth checking out. Westin/SPG left a bad taste in my mouth!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear P1bunce,

Thank you for sharing your recent reservation experience with us. I am extremely regretful to learn we will not be hosting your upcoming stay. It’s only through feedback we can improve where necessary the services we provide to all our valued guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation created for you.

This will surely be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure this was an isolated issue. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your current expectations. Please reach out to the resort directly if you would like to discuss this experience further as we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in November in room 1110. We had a room with 2 beds and a view facing onto the water. I found the room layout a little awkward but it seemed like it connected to another unit so maybe if it were open it would make more sense .

The balcony was really quiet in the morning which was nice. We ate at the Nauti Mermaid for lunch and the food was good although a little expensive for the portion size (however this is expected considering the hotel). The pool was a little small but had plenty of chairs and had a movie in the evening.

We enjoyed our stay overall. We had minor issues - our shower did not drain properly and housekeeping did not replenish our coffee.

The beds were comfortable and so were the robes!

I would come back if I was in the area! I would give this hotel 4.5 if I could.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank Victoria M

Dear Victoria M,

Our property is a blended oasis of luxury, tranquility and exciting activities. Your private screened in balcony is the perfect place to have a fresh cup of coffee during the peaceful morning hours. I am very glad you were able to truly enjoy this. Thank you for sharing this feedback regarding your recent stay. We would love to host you again the next time you’re visiting the area.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location and very quiet. Nice free boat service daily over to Fort Myers Beach. Nice rooms with screened in balconies offer beautiful sunrise views. Some issues with locks and keys - took three tries and six keys to get two that worked most of the time. Bell service was non-existent when I needed it. Quality of housekeeping was so-so. Front desk staff hit or miss - some were very friendly and efficient and some were quite lackadaisical.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyhoma
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Kyhoma,

Thank you for provided this feedback on your recent stay. I am happy you were able to enjoy our beautiful location. With our location being on the marina, we offer a daily water taxi to Fort Myers Beach to provide an easy and stress less beach day for our valued guests.

I do apologize other aspects of your stay were not satisfactory and more so of an inconvenience. The appropriate departments will be notified about these comments as we continue to make future enhancements to our resort and services. I do hope you'll return to our resort and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have a like/hate relationship with this hotel. I have stayed here for the past three years on business along with my fiancé. I am a SPG platinum member, and this is the only SPG hotel in Cape Coral. It's a great property in a great location with a great view, but that's about where my compliments for this property end. In the past three years, I have had such terrible experiences and each and every time it's been a different issue. One of the first stays I had here, I switched rooms three times because each room had stained/dirty sheets. It got to the point where the housekeeping manager had to personally inspect new clean sheets and just take them up for me and switch them out of the third room I placed into since they all had stained sheets.
One of the more recent stays, I was placed in the West Tower that faces the mangroves and I was at the very end of the hall i the last room. I had two problems with this room: the first was all the construction noise as many other reviews before me have mentioned. The noise began before 8:00am and was extremely loud. My next issue was the fact that there were fruit flies all over the room. In the end I realized the reason being was the trash chute was at the end of the hall next to my room. It got to the point where I was drinking a glass of wine and there were flies swimming in my glass. It was utterly disgusting. The hotel management attempted to send in an engineer, but that was useless. They then switched me into the Mariner's Suite in order to compensate for the inconvenience. It was a nice gesture, but completely unnecessary since that suite has two master bedrooms and we were only two people staying in that room. The icing on the cake though, was the fact that halfway through my first day in my new room, the lock on the door stopped working. I went downstairs from the 16th floor on three different instances to have someone walk me back upstairs and open my door. Their excuse was that the door locks needed time to "reset." Well, last I checked, it doesn't take 4 hours to reset door locks. In the end, an extremely kind engineer came up and told me the lock needed to be completely replaced. This whole ordeal took about almost two hours of my time.
Now onto the newest issue, and this for my current week-long stay. I went to check in and had some problems because it seemed like whomever my fiancé spoke with two weeks ago about adding my name to the hotel reservation, didn't do so, so it took extra long to check in after a full day of work. My main problem right now is the noise I am hearing from the room above me. Since 5:00 PM there have been "thud" and "thunk" noises that sound almost like someone is moving furniture around. I didn't care to call the front desk since it wasn't really bothering me and it was still daytime. I decided to call at 11:30 PM because I have been trying to go to sleep but the noise has persisted. Remy (whom I believe is a night manager) was the one I spoke with and basically told me I am out of luck and I can just switch rooms. I think that is a little ridiculous seeing as it is almost midnight. I was told that the noise is the cause of the sliding doors being opened and closed and are not considered as a noise complaint since it is not the cause of "partying." I was also told that the guests are in their right to open and close the doors as they please since this is "Resort." He even had the nerve to tell me "well, you've stayed here before, so you should know." Umm, that is extremely rude and unprofessional to say to a guest. I was merely asking if he could call the guest and ask them to be mindful of other guests in the property and to try and close the doors gently since it was 11:30 PM. Well, apparently I was asking for too much because Remy continued to tell me that the guests can do what they want. So you're telling me that if I play my TV extremely loudly to the point that someone in another room can hear it, calls the front desk to complain, that they will be told that I have every right to play my TV as loud as I want correct? Because that is basically the same idea. I am pretty sure that wouldn't fly. I am not going to be the one to switch my room this late at night after I have unpacked three bags for a weeklong stay, all because another guest wants to slam doors past midnight. As I am writing this at 12:15 AM, I am still hearing them "opening and closing the sliding doors." What upsets me the most is the utter rudeness by the some of the management here and their lack of just compensation. Not once have I ever been offered any form of SPG points for any inconvenience, because switching rooms is an actual inconvenience, especially when you are working 8 hour days and are paying $180+/night to stay at a hotel. I have no words to describe how the management has made me feel tonight. I called my fiancé crying and telling him that I feel helpless since this hotel has zero care to actually do anything about the noise. This is the last straw. This hotel may look pretty on the outside, but beware of the terrible service here. I will not be bringing my business back here. I would much rather stay at the Four Points in Fort Myers and do the drive, or stay at a different property chain and miss out on earning SPG points/nights.

Room Tip: Avoid lower rooms as there is a lot of noise from downstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NatalyMF
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear NatalyMF,

Please let me begin by thanking you for your loyalty as an SPG member. We are grateful to have been your host during your travels for the past 3 years. I am happy to hear about your continued enjoyment of our location and beautiful waterfront views. However, I am extremely regretful to learn about your past experiences. Regarding your more recent stay, thank you for bringing the noise concerns to our attention. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. The room above yours was contacted the night of this issue and was asked to be mindful of other guests enjoying our resort. It was not our intention to give you the feeling we did not care about your concerns. Again, I sincerely apologize and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this unfortunate experience with your further.

239-541-5000