The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Seriously? I am sitting in my room on the 17th floor listening to a band playing so loud I can hardly think. Desk says not to worry they will be done in about 3 hours! Must I leave for peace and quiet? I shudder to think what this place will be like when they open the new convention center next door. We have been coming here for years and recommending it. Guess. it may be time to find a new resort. Adios Westin. Whoever thought of a rooftop venue for a band needs to go back and take a few more courses in guest courtesy.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from bars and wedding/conferences
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen R
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Kathleen R,

Please let me begin by thanking you for sharing a review regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this outdoor event created for you. Your comments are truly appreciated and helpful as we continue to make future enhancements to our resort and services.

We have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams to ensure this was an isolated issue. Thank you again for your valued feedback. We welcome the opportunity to host you again.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I travel over 310,000 miles a year and stay over 110 nights away from home so when I saw that Cape Coral had a Westin 5-Star Property, I instantly booked. When you arrive at the property, what appears to be the main entrance is blocked without explanation so one has to enter through the service entrance. There is no porter staff to assist with luggage and the walk in quite far. When I tried to check in at 4:30pm, no rooms were ready. They offered a drink at the bar, but the bar wouldn’t accept the chit I received. My room on a non-SPG floor next to the elevator, even though I’m a gold member) did become ready fairly fast. The room although overlooking the water is very generic. No minibar, refrigerator or even a working ice machine. I spent the next day away and returned to my room still unserviced so I went to the front desk who confirmed that housekeeping was gone for the day. Looking forward to see how they screwup tomorrow!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sftrojan

Dear Sftrojan,

Please let me begin by thanking you for being a gold SPG member and for you loyalty to Starwood properties. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay and for providing us with some insight on opportunities that were encountered at our resort.

I sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your room accommodations and other services at our resort. It is only through feedback we can improve where necessary the services we provide to you, our valued guest. I do hope we will have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our resort.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. We loved the water taxi to Ft. Myers and even took the sunset and dolphin cruise which was very cool. The boat staff was also really great and knew a lot about the area (John and Doug I think were their names). We also were able to enjoy a nice bike ride and explore the local area. There are 3 pools to enjoy and we found our Suite to be spacious and loved our balcony overlooking the Marina and pool. Raquel in the Westin Kids Club was also fun offering various activities that my daughter loved to participate in. Thanks for a great stay! We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lero623
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Lero623,

It sounds like your family thoroughly enjoy our luxury suite accommodations, water front views, and resort amenities. Thank you for sharing this feedback and also for your comments about our associates. We would absolutely welcome the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed here recently with high expectations, Didn't quite hit the mark. Upon entering the Hotel Reception area in my car, First you are directed down what can only be described as a service area entrance, There appears to be works going on on the opposite side of the Hotel so perhaps the drive in entrance will be changed. Staff member keen to take your car keys whilst you check in ( $18 for valet parking) This really isn't required, The Multi Storey car park is right opposite.
The room itself was the normal type you will find at a Mid Range Hotel Chain in The US.
The Balcony area was a bonus, But the view was disappointing.
Small Kitchenette area in the Hall way to our room but no utensils in the cupboards/Draws etc. Coffee/Tea/ plus one bottle of water ( Slightly odd if there are 2 persons in the room) The coffee was out of date ( See image) eventually got an in date replacement.
The Hotel is situated in an 'Out of the way area', So if you need to buy Drinks/food items etc, Expect a 5/10 minute drive to a local store.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the waterway.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan253
SE_CapeCoral, Director of Operations at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Alan253,

First and foremost, I wanted to thank you for choosing The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village for your recent visit to Southwest Florida. Your candid feedback is truly valued as it is helpful as we continue to make future enhancements to our resort and services.

I am regretful to learn that your experience at our resort did not meet your expectations or ours, and I sincerely apologize. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future for a much different experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great trip to Ft. Myers Beach on the water taxi. Captain Harvey and his lovely wife, Candy, were very accommodating and informative. Candy shared information about the surrounding islands, buildings, and wildlife. We saw pelicans, dolphins, and a stingray. Thanks so much for the lovely ride on the water!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for sharing your review of The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village. It’s great to see how much you enjoyed the water taxi experience and were able to learn so much about the local area and Florida’s wildlife. We would be happy to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
4.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
4.6 km away
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!