“Quieter and easier to park than Clearwater!”
Review of Sand Key Park

and up
Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando with Sea Screamer Boat Ride
Ranked #5 of 86 things to do in Clearwater
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so literally the only thing I would say is at certain tide times the sand isn't as white and fluffy as maybe Clearwater beach. However I was not a kid playing in the sand, so that didn't affect me ;) parking is $5 for all day and you can go and come if you need too - we went back to our condo for lunch. Even Labor Day weekend it didn't feel like you were on top of other people. We went all the way to the north end and t was really uncrowded there. There is a small stand you can get burgers, hot dogs, etc. obviously more expensive than say mcdonalds, but it's right there and didn't taste half bad! Water is as awesome as gulf water is, and you can watch all the boats and stuff just like Clearwater. It's great!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Nice beach and park. Parking is much less expensive than other places. Plenty of places to park and picnic

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I have been going to Sand Key since 1969. It is quieter and less populated than many other beaches. It has a lot of parking (paid). Except for being south of a pass, it is the same beach as Clearwater Beach.

1  Thank Rae W
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Clearwater beach and decided to come check out Sand Key. We love to shell and had just had storms all week. I'm not sure how it looks here on a normal day or week with no storms but the water was very choppy and cloudy. I'm sure it's because of the storms! The shells were amazing. We spent the day here! Quiet and not many people around! We found so many shells! They washed up on our feet in piles and we would catch them with our nets. We found a sea star too! We pulled it out of our net and put it in a bucket of water just to look at it for a minute since we had never seen one. We put it back in the ocean after a few minutes. Great shelling beach!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Sand Key Park is your best family beach option in Clearwater. It's just a bit south of the main beaches and over the bridge but well worth it to get a nice big white sands beach for the fam. There's actually a nice long strip without condos in the horizon. There are bathrooms and plenty of metered parking. Picnic tables too. It's a great place to have lunch in the rocks and watch the boats and dolphins in the waterway.
I'm a native and this is always my first choice in beaches.