“Beach and fishing”

and up
Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando with Sea Screamer Boat Ride
Ranked #5 of 87 things to do in Clearwater
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Sand Key Park over the Fourth of July holiday to catch a few rays and fish and was not shorted on either. A package of frozen shrimp, a Wal-Mart fishing rig, Florida State non-resident saltwater fishing licence, and five buck a day parking provided a mixed catch at a reasonable entertainment price for this fishnut. The beach and picnic areas provided the bride sun, surf and shade tree refuge to occupy her time while accommodating my addiction.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I have a tradition of having some down time at the beach after Labor Day. The beach at Sand Key Park is a preferred choice for us when we go to Clearwater Beach as we did last week. The beach is wide and the water is usually calm and pretty clear to a depth of three to four feet. There is lots of parking ($5 for the day) and restroom facilities. We were only able to spend one day at the beach due to rainy weather but we made it a full day at Sand Key Park.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the park most of all to see the marsh areas which we thought would be much larger (it seems the main attraction there are the beaches). After driving around for 15 minutes and not finding any marsh areas to speak of, we started to leave and low and behold, the marsh area was right there at the exit.…. Besides there being pretty much no signage to mark the marsh, we enjoyed watching ibis, both snowy and a giant egrets, and a pelican among many other ordinary birds. Besides the beaches & marsh areas, they also had some picnic areas with restrooms, pavilions and a playground area. A really nice place to visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Sand Key gave me life. A very nice family oriented beach, not overly crowded, even during a holiday weekend. The weather was perfect and water was truly amazing (nice and warm). I definitely will be back again, soon. Florida oh how I love the, now I have fell in love with Sand Key!!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so literally the only thing I would say is at certain tide times the sand isn't as white and fluffy as maybe Clearwater beach. However I was not a kid playing in the sand, so that didn't affect me ;) parking is $5 for all day and you can go and come if you need too - we went back to our condo for lunch. Even Labor Day weekend it didn't feel like you were on top of other people. We went all the way to the north end and t was really uncrowded there. There is a small stand you can get burgers, hot dogs, etc. obviously more expensive than say mcdonalds, but it's right there and didn't taste half bad! Water is as awesome as gulf water is, and you can watch all the boats and stuff just like Clearwater. It's great!