“outstanding”

Add it.
ZEN Sushi & Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We visited Clearwater during spring break 2013. This restaurant was a bit far from the beach area where we stayed but it was well worth the drive( the nearest thai restaurant from our hotel was out of business). From the outside, it didn't look like much, but the interior was nice. The food was fresh and beautifully presented. There were a few couples in the restaurants when we got there around 6:30 ish. But the server seemed busy. I got the impression that they were juggling quite a few take out orders too. But that didn't interfere with the service and we got our food fairly soon as we placed the order. We started with Thai egg rolls and Unagi sushi rolls. All excellent. My husband asked for Thai HOT to go with his curry dish and it didn't disappoint. The kids had I had the pad se ew ( flat noodle), and veges /beef with brown sauce -medium spicy- Delicious! Highly recommended from a couple of very picky eaters.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Even using GPS we almost drove past this restaurant which would have been a shame as it is definitely worth a visit if you like Thai food.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Although it was late when we arrived (8:30 with closing at 9:00), the staff was extremely friendly encouraging us to stay and relax. I am so very glad we did! The food was oh-so-scrumptious! I had panang curry which was wonderfully creamy. I don't typically like anything that is listed as being cooked with peanuts so I was somewhat ambivalent but am so glad that I took our server's advice.
My daughter ordered two sushi rolls which she enjoyed tremendously as well. We both ordered a house salad with ginger dressing - perhaps some of the best dressing I've ever had!
What can I say that is a negative about this place? Nothing... it is simply charming - from the lovely roses that are on each table, the soft, comfortable decor, the food, the staff. Oh! I know! (It's not really a negative) You almost miss this little place since it it somewhat hidden by the big Diamond and Batteries + signs.
Apparently they also have specials on Groupon and Living Social. If you see one, you might want to buy it as quickly as possible :) Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I love finding new restaurants in the area that we can enjoy and this one definitely rose to the top quickly. My wife until recently had never tried sushi, and the last two places I took her to were very forgettable. When we arrived at Zen I was certain we'd have a similar experience, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The location is not great -- first, it's in an old run down strip mall on US 19. If it weren't for the signage we'd have driven right past it. Parking is in the back and you have to walk around a closed jewelry store. The interior was better; the furniture was cheap but they had nice silverware and china settings, and real napkins. Those are always keys for me.

We got there at our favorite time...4:30 on a Saturday. Most restaurants are very quiet at that time so we get extra attention. This was no different. We were greeted at the door and shown to a table immediately and our drink order was delivered fast. We ordered a few different rolls ... Super Crunchy for my wife and Unagi (eel) for me. I should have written down the others we ordered afterwards, because the first round left us hungry for more! The food was fresh and the presentation very colorful, which was another surprise. People started showing up as we were finishing, and it was obvious they were regulars as the owners met them and knew their names. When I asked our server how long they'd been there, she said two months.

The prices were reasonable, the food excellent and the service top-notch. We've already scheduled another trip with some friends of ours.

2  Thank Ben and Becca I