“Amazing service, had the best jerk fish I had, and amazing view”
Review of Tate Island Grill

Tate Island Grill
Ranked #40 of 787 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Its next to the pool area of a great resort. We wanted some place we could great views, without the crowds or the lines, and this was perfect.

We came here twice for dinner once we found it (by accident). Both times, food great value for money, live music, and exceptional service. If you are looking for a place without the large tourist crowd overwhelming it, but a tourist place nonethless, this is a great experience

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Indoor and outdoor seating, delivery to the pool area, and a nice view of the white sand and the gulf. Very convenient for guests.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stayed at the Sandpearl and used this as a late night place for drinks........the atmosphere is oceanside and the place is very small. You can sit outside or on beach chairs if you can get one. Its a great place inside the resort but one major problem........ if there is not enough business THEY CLOSE......so it is not a dependable place to go to. It is "kind of take your chances and hope they are open" deal. Therefore, there is a bar inside the resort called Caretta's The same drinks are more expensive inside, go figure. The atmosphere outside is so much better, IF THEY ARE OPEN!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Dan_Kauffman, Manager at Tate Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

We will never close early due to lack of business, however we will still open late if we are busy. The only reason we ever close early is if we have bad weather. In the winter months the kitchen closes at 8pm Monday - Thursday and 9pm Friday & Saturday. The bar remains open at least an hour past that. After the time change this weekend we will be shifting those times 1 hour later. Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I have never stayed at a resort that couldn't do better than Tate's did on the simplest of things.

My husband and I both ordered burgers out at the pool. We both had the same opinion and that was that the cheeseburger's from Tate's were terrible. Were not positive what kind of cheese was on the burgers, it resembled Velvetta or something very similar. Thick and gooey. Then they put two stalks of romaine on it, who does that? I have never in my life seen anyone use romaine lettuce on a burger. I will say that the meat was good and that was the only saving grace. The fries were good.

I ordered a Pina Colada. I always ask if it's made fresh or if it comes out of a machine but this day I forgot to do that. It was awful, very runny, and it didn't taste anywhere close to a Pina Colada, I don't know what it was but it was so bad that I sent it back. the second came and it wasn't any better so I returned it myself to the bar to see that it was coming out of a machine and that's what I get for not asking.

If you can't do a better cheeseburger and a Pina Colada then were not coming back and we didn't. We never ate at Tate's again while we were at the Sandpearl. I'm sure something there is good, we just didn't get it.

Date of visit: February 2018
Dan_Kauffman, Manager at Tate Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

That is so strange that you were let down by these two items, they are our two top selling items by far and in my 4 years here I have never received a complaint about either of these items. Please ask for me on your next visit, I would be happy to buy you lunch one day so you can give us another try. I'm guessing that maybe your server was busy and the items just sat for too long, but I will make sure everything is perfect. My name is Dan, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Not much of a selection for food. Burgers and sandwiches came with barely edible potato "chips", which cannot, under any circumstance, be substituted by fries. Even the waiter shared his frustration about the absurdity of this rule. Resorted to going to my room to eat something bought at the nearby chinese restaurant for my lunch. Cocktails were watered down and did not approach by far, what could be expected from a commonplace, let alone, a "signature" mixed drink. As a whole not even close to so-so, which for a resort that bills itself as "exclusive", shows little familiarity of what a well-appointed, never mind an exclusive establishment, is expected to offer.

2  Thank zoilai2016