Sunrise Resort Motel South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$180
US$119
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$115
Travelocity
Comfort Inn & Suites(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$84
ComfortInn
US$174
US$152
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)
US$171
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2017

It is a shame - this small motel is in a great location, just a block away from the beach. But it is oh-so run down. Our room wasn't too bad - the furnishings, TV and bathroom were old but seemed clean enough, but the external features of the hotel, including the pool really do need some renovation work. Being cynical, I wondered if the owners were running it into the ground before selling it off for prime building land? There are some very big, newly built hotels and condos in Clearwater, but surely there is still a demand for smaller, friendly 'mom & pop' places like this - I hope so.

Room Tip: Probably best to choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is by far the worst condition motel I have ever stayed at. I had to modify this review in order for it to be posted. I shared some events that we witnessed (unrelated to us directly), that were outrageous. It's seems obvious that the owners are putting as little $ into the motel while waiting for the right offer from a big chain. This motel used to be one of the crown jewels of Clearwater Beach. It had always been so well maintained. ECHH, GROSS and NASTY are the only adjectives I can possibly come up with. Our wall was black right next to the stove where someone in the distant past, burned what they were cooking and it was never repaired. The room was moldy and the paint was literally peeling off the walls. The walls and door were water stained and ? stained everywhere. The mattress, see the pictures. The pool is the only thing left maintained. As you can see by the pictures, damage and mold were everywhere. We paid a lot of money to stay there. It could not have been worse.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The pictures they advertise must be from 20 years ago because nothing looks like that. The rooms are extremely tiny and not worth $100/night. Our room was DIRTY. Not a little but nasty, the sheets were stained and had hair on them. The door has a huge gap so anyone could easily break in. The owner didn't care when we complained. He said all the rooms are the same, they are not. Some people had their door open and their room was bigger. When we first walked in my husband and I both felt dread. We felt like if we didn't catch a disease from that place we would get mugged. We checked out about 1 hour after we checked in and moved to a clean hotel. I think the owner makes his money from the cancellation fee as he didn't care that we were unhappy and leaving. Don't torture yourself and stay here, it's dirty, not safe and the owner could care less. I didn't get a picture of the sheets but you can see how tiny, old and dirty it is. I sprayed a whole can of Lysol and left that place a little cleaner than when I got there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Our room was big, with a kitchen, a fridge and a freezer. It was old furniture though, and the bathroom also looked old. It was a TV, but no couch, only dining chairs.

Free parking, a little pool area right outside our room.

We thought it was ok, nice price and very close to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We had previously stayed at Sunrise 2 years prior. Then the managers weren't the best but were excellent compared to the new ones. Last 3 years before we checked out I would make reservations for the following year during our spring break vacation (first of march usually). Around Jan I called to confirm my price and reservations and was told "yeah" we have you. I asked over and over again for both rooms upstairs with the balcony, "yeah yeah" was his response. He confirmed the price with me also. Towards the end of February I called again and was given the same response, "yeah yeah we have 2 rooms for you". Again I confirmed the price, "yeah that's the price you pay".
We drove to Florida from Iowa straight through like we always do. We arrived, exhausted like always. I went to check into both our rooms and our vacation just turned into National Lampoon vacation.
1. The price was doubled from what we had agreed
2. Credit Card machine wouldn't work
3. The foreign guy at the desk (not manager) was so rude and laughing at my 16 year old daughters cuz they were upset.
4. He wanted all CASH. Over $2500 CASH cuz credit card machine didn't work.

I agreed to pay for one night there until we could figure our budget out, sleep, shower, and eat some dinner. I mean this guy at the front desk was re-lentless. He wouldn't work with us, wouldn't give me the owners name or number, discount, nothing. He just wanted to keep charging extra charges that I have never paid. He just laughed at us in our face.He said I was crazy to think I could get 2 rooms for that price. He was hoping to pocket a crap ton of cash. I asked him to pull my previous reservations from the past 2 years. Of course, new computer system. The point in all of this, DONT GO THERE!! They are crooks. No customer service, manners. I would love to have Mira and her husband back managing the place. We ended up fighting with the manager the next day, packed our belongings and went to the Stay and Pla where they were absolutely wonderful. We did have to cut our trip a day short cuz of the extra room charges but were ok with it. I would love to find out the owners of this hotel or the managers boss. I can not believe they would be ok with the way we were treated.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family