Opal Sands Resort(Clearwater)
  • Beachfront
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$249
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
Chart House Suites On Clearwater Bay(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$145
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$146
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$219
  • Breakfast included
Barefoot Bay Resort and Marina(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$168
Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$417
US$203
Agoda.com
2,649 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachclear sky cafezero entryturn down servicejunior suitevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicean umbrellabeach umbrellasgulf view
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We got married, stayed in the Grand Suite at the Grand Wailea in Maui, owned a home on Dawn Beach in St. Maarten for 10 yrs, but nothing compares to the Sandpearl Resort We first stayed there early 2009, but liked it so much that we've come back several times a year since. Great rooms, restaurants, pool, and service (even room service). Our goal was to retire, and live there. We now do, and we still get great room service!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Studies
courtneylb, Front Office Supervisor at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Dear Studies,

WOW! Thank you for such high marks. We certainly appreciate your business and strive to continuously exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences you have had here at the Sandpearl resort.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Resort has the most beautiful and family friendly pool. The resort is right on the beach and its easy to get to the beach and back to the pool. On our second day there we were at the beach in the morning and saw several dolphins. We were thrilled! The rooms are so comfortable and the resort is decorated with the most inspiring artwork and decor. The service was superb. Their staff is clearly very well trained. Best hotel I have EVER been in. They made us feel special and it made our stay in Clearwater perfect. The hotel has a Starbucks right downstairs as well as two restaurants. Our rooms were cleaned twice a day. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Rates are better during the week
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear AllThatIAm,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. We are pleased you found the resort to be beautifully decorated and the service superb. I am glad our staff was able to make your stay so memorable. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed at week in a 1 bedroom suite over the last week of April (Easter weekend). Overall, we were impressed with the hotel's ambiance, amenities, location and grandeur! The room was spacious and suited well for our needs. However, things turned a bit sour towards the end of our trip. Two nights prior to our departure, we received a letter under our door indicating that aerial photos were to be taken of the property and that the pool would be closed from the peak hours of noon to 3 pm. This being a family holiday with two small children, we found this to be quite disturbing since no one had advised us of this at the time of booking, in addition, the only location that our kids could swim was the ocean, which supported a red flag on most days of our stay. It was also very hot that week and the beach was not sufficient to keep the kids cool. The hotel also charges 25$ for an umbrella, which is absurd considering you pay a daily heafty "resort" fee.The hotel's response was not adequate when we approached management and after a few conversations they did offer us (and only us) an alternate pool in another building. The pool was on a rooftop and it was very hot with no service, no other children and not ideal. We were not impressed with this considering we were paying well over 700$ a night for our stay and knowing this was to be happening on our last day, we would have left earlier or booked another time for our holiday. It ruined our last few days. We send letters of concern to the hotel management and owner and to no surprise, never got a response. Aside from this, the service at the hotel was excellent with thumbs up to the coffee shop staff and the restaurant who were outstanding. Alison in concierge was not very friendly and could not bother one bit to help any of the clients out. She clearly did not enjoy her job. The beach staff was also very acommodating and always smiling. We found for the price, there was missing some very important staff and service however to make it the prestigeous property they claim to be. We usually stay at similar properties and have never had issues such as this. We travel to Florida 3-4 times a year and this was our first experience in Clearwater. Although the beach is beautiful and the hotel had potential, we are definitely not staying here or recommending it after the way they weakly attempted to remedy a poor situation. We don't mind paying the cost of the hotel, as long as it reflects what you pay for and this hotel did not honor this.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BIGtraveller66
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review of the Sandpearl Resort. While I appreciate the positive aspects of the resort that you mentioned I was disappointed to learn that you were not happy with our resolution to the issue you encountered during our aerial photo shoot. For that I am very sorry.

We scheduled the event during the slowest week of the year up to that date. We also tried to communicate to all of our guests what exactly was going to occur during the photo shoot by distrubuting letters under all guestroom doors on two different occasions leading up to the day of the shoot. To limit the impact of having our pool unavailable from 1:00 to 2:30 we offered a complimentary bbq buffet on the adjacent beach along with complimentary beer and wine. In the event that guests wanted a pool rather than joining us for the bbq we made accomodations with the Condo buidling next to us for our guests to use their pool. Only 1 or 2 families ended up using that pool.

As you can imagine it is very difficult to schedule an event like this without it having an effect on guests. It is however very necessary for our business to stay competitive and provide modern and up to date pictures of our property for marketing and internet needs. We will take your comments into consideration for future events should it be necessary.

If you would like to speak personally regarding this experience and feel it appropriate, please call me at the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed here in October 2009! But only recently looking for our next holiday I noticed how helpful these posts are so here goes ... Our experience at the sand pear was amazing !
The hotel is beautiful we walked in it was like a breath of fresh air, our room wasn't ready so we sat out and relaxed a while in the lobby and outside taking in all the beauty this hotel has. It was very luxurious.. Once we got our room it was amazing the bed was huge !!! It had a docking station for your iPod or I phone which my man loved lol! The room was not facing the ocean but it still was fabulous .... I found out I was pregnant here and it was just the perfect place to come back to to relax and catch up on sleep. I have no faults with this hotel it was just a fantastic place and so relaxing ! The resort is very quiet ... I didn't find the food/ bar next door noisy we never heard anything ! And a few times we ate there and the food was fantastic pizzas great !

If I had anything negative to
Say I would say it was just the resort there was not much to do but for a relaxing beach holiday it was great

The fire pit on the beach at night is great to just pure relaxation!

As for people moaning about kids .... We never had a problem with children .... Kids are kids if you want a adult only hotel then go to one ! But it wasn't noisy when we went at all.

Weather was great end of October beginning of november!

Can't fault this place ! Relaxing yes luxurious yes rooms beautiful ... Sit back take a breathe and enjoy every moment here we certainly did!

Katie York uk

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Ktyorkuk,

Thank you for such an amazing review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the room and its' amenities. Watching the sunset from our fire pit is very relaxing. Congratulation on your new addition to the family! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I booked the Sandpearl thinking it would be a quiet, relaxing weekend to spend with my husband to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Although the reservation staff assured me that this would be an ideal location for a romantic getaway, we were sadly disappointed. For starters, they put us in a room overlooking the air conditioners at Frenchy's restaurant. Not only was the view terrible, it was LOUD! So much for a quiet evening on the balcony. After much negotiation(talking them down from $100 extra a night), they moved us at no charge. Relaxing by the pool was a joke. Although signs were posted stating the pool closes at 10 p.m., many unruly children (unattended) were chaotically screaming and playing at the pool.

We spent a few hundred dollars at the spa (which was very nice, but way overpriced) over the first two days. When I called down to see if we could use their lounge/jacuzzi, we were told it would be an additional $25 a day!! Seriously??? After the few hundred dollars I already spent over the past 2 days???

On our final full day, we asked a few friends to hang out for the day. I asked the front desk about parking for the day and was told it would only be $10 for visitors. When my guests arrived, the parking attendant was extremely rude. Without even verifying, he turned my guests away and began raising his voice at me when I corrected him. He did not apologize for his behavior either.

Overall, our experience at this hotel was dismal. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a romantic getaway. For the price you pay per room, the amenities were not that great. Knowing how much we spent, we would have stayed at a more "couple" friendly resort. I will be contacting the Hotel Manager over the next few days to voice my complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank scrollic
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Resort. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you mentioned during your stay with us. The entire team prides ourselves of providing a unique experience and memorable service. It appears that we let you down. For that I am sorry.

We do have several different room types each with different views. The rate of each room is determined by the type of rooms and view. Most of our rooms do face the Gulf of Mexico but we do have rooms that view the Clearwater Bay.

Thank you very much for visiting Sandpearl Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed the services provided. Due to the nature of the spa and the serenity needed for those visiting the spa to enjoy their services with limited noise we do charge a fee to utilize the jacuzzi. The hotel does offer 2 jacuzzis around the pool that have no charge.

I would like to speak with you regarding the experience at Valet. I hope to get more information when we speak.

Eric Waltz